all posts post new thread

(In-)Consistently Simple

7/5/22 1230 S&S
4/4 Naked TGU: focus on elbow to roll to floor
3x w/up: Halos @12kg, 5GB, 5GS@16,24,24; 1/1 C&P@12kg, 2 chins.

I'm going to drop the C&P from the warmup until I get the technique down.

Swings
3/3 @16kg, 2/2 @24kg
1/1 @12kg armbar flow
TGU
1/1 @16kg, 4/4@24kg.
1x 90/90, QL straddle and pump. Hang from bar.

Not an amazing session, but another in the bank.

9/5/22 S&S + day 3 of 3RM FPP
@15:30
3× w/up: Halo@12kg, 5GB, 5GS @16,24,24kg
SWINGS: 3/3 @16kg, 2/2 @24kg
1/1 @12kg armbar flow
TGU: 1/1 @16kg, 4/4 @24kg

24kg felt very manageable for swings today, pressing on forearms for TGU though.

17/5/22 1030-1230 FPP 3RM
1330 S&S
3× warmup @16kg
Swings 5R/5L @ 16kg
TGU 5/5 @16kg

First session back after a week of influenza. Nice easy session. Good lat activation in swings, assuming from chinups

18/5/22 FPP 3RM Day 4 0930-1100
1100 S&S
3x w/up @16kg
SWINGS @16kg
5L / 5R

No TGU today, ran out of time, forgot I had to pick the young bloke up from Kinder...

22/5/22
FPP 3RM chins AM
PM
1km walk with the 12kg, testing the waters of the kettlebell mile. Felt good, no struggle at all. Traps and neck felt good afterwards.

No S&S today, time and motivation not really there.

23/5/22
3rm FPP AM
S&S 1615
3x w/up, Halos @12,12,16; GS@16,16,24
10T x4@16, x6@24
TGU
4/4 @16kg.
TGU still feeling off. Dunno why. Swings still solid, 16kg feels like a toy

24/5/22 1615 S&S
3x w/up Halo@12, 5GS@16,16,24
SWINGS
3/3@16kg, 2/2@ 24kg
TGU
2/2 @16kg, 3/3 @24kg

TGU felt better today, used the wrist bands again, might have been the missing piece of the puzzle. Sore toes from either chilblains or toenail infections making lunge positions a bit dodgey in TGU. Can't remember what I did last time this happened...

I just caught up on your progress. Nice work on the 32KG TGU earlier this month. You say shaky, but I thought your form looked really good, especially controlling the roll back down.

Do you feel like you hit a plateau? It just seems like you might have, what with the sickness and "not feeling it" for the heavier weights.

I know I did also about a month ago. Less ended up being more. I had to cut back to about two sessions a week for a couple of weeks. But that allowed me to just "hold" my strength and stamina gains the past two months, and let a clavicle injury mostly re-heal from over doing it.
Somehow I got enough of a refresh though I'm back up to 4-5 days a week again, with more strength now. When I came back I really focused on form with the lighter 16KG for TGU's when it was feeling like an off-day, holding stages in the getup for time. Doing them in reverse order has really helped too. Start with a C&P, get down, get back up, switch hands.

I figure as long as I get in two solid heavy weight days a week and then use the other 2-3 to focus more on smoothing the mechanics, I'll continue to progress. Think long term...not next week. Where you can be a year or two from now.

I just caught up on your progress. Nice work on the 32KG TGU earlier this month. You say shaky, but I thought your form looked really good, especially controlling the roll back down.

Do you feel like you hit a plateau? It just seems like you might have, what with the sickness and "not feeling it" for the heavier weights.

I know I did also about a month ago. Less ended up being more. I had to cut back to about two sessions a week for a couple of weeks. But that allowed me to just "hold" my strength and stamina gains the past two months, and let a clavicle injury mostly re-heal from over doing it.
Somehow I got enough of a refresh though I'm back up to 4-5 days a week again, with more strength now. When I came back I really focused on form with the lighter 16KG for TGU's when it was feeling like an off-day, holding stages in the getup for time. Doing them in reverse order has really helped too. Start with a C&P, get down, get back up, switch hands.

I figure as long as I get in two solid heavy weight days a week and then use the other 2-3 to focus more on smoothing the mechanics, I'll continue to progress. Think long term...not next week. Where you can be a year or two from now.
You know, I was actually wondering this yesterday during my session. Looking back on my TGU especially, I progressed faster than the book because I felt like I needed to "catch up" to where I "should have been", based on the date I first started the program in January. It was really hard at the time not to keep pushing as well, because I was making good progress.

Thanks for the kind words on the 32kg as well, the roll back down to the floor is what I consider my weakest point of the movement, as it's where I typically lose the bell, it has a tendency to roll in on me.

25/5/22
Stuck inside at work today
9 rounds of Fabio's "160 seconds a day..." = 144 reps @16kg
Day 11 3RM FPP

5/5 naked TGU after work

Last edited:
You know, I was actually wondering this yesterday during my session. Looking back on my TGU especially, I progressed faster than the book because I felt like I needed to "catch up" to where I "should have been", based on the date I first started the program in January. It was really hard at the time not to keep pushing as well, because I was making good progress.

Thanks for the kind words on the 32kg as well, the roll back down to the floor is what I consider my weakest point of the movement, as it's where I typically lose the bell, it has a tendency to roll in on me.

Well, just hang in there. Be patient in progressing in weight. (I'm speaking to myself here too. ROFL )

It will come as long as you're consistent in doing your sessions, regardless of the weight you're doing day to day. Live in the moment, even on a light day and just focus on your technique. Ninety percent of success in life is just showing up...

Well, just hang in there. Be patient in progressing in weight. (I'm speaking to myself here too. ROFL )

It will come as long as you're consistent in doing your sessions, regardless of the weight you're doing day to day. Live in the moment, even on a light day and just focus on your technique. Ninety percent of success in life is just showing up...
Yep, being consistent and showing up is something I've been working on, hence the name of this log. Also to trust the process and keep it simple, not add heaps of accessory garbage to it, which I am always guilty of.

Have been wondering why I'm so stiff through my upper back the last 2 days, then I looked at my swing volume doing the 160 seconds a day protocol. 3 day's reps jammed into 3 almost.

Feels good but

31/5/22 1315 S&S
3× w/up, H@12,16,16; GS@16
SWINGS L/R: 4/4 @16kg, 1/1 @24kg
TGU L/R :2/3 @16kg, 3/2@ 24kg

Hard to get a good grip on the 24kg today for swings, felt good for TGU, RHS noticed feeling a bit off, dropped to 16kg for sets 4&5.

It's been a week of being a bit off, cough has come back and sleep not great. Has been good doing the FPP as a little bit of movement every day, as well as some variety.

1/6/22 - 1st day of winter, 8C and rain, wind and hail. Great day to be outside.
AM - 2x3 pullups, 1st on rings, 2nd focussing on hollow hold. Nice and easy.

S&S @1600
w/up, all at 16kg. 2 pullups to finish.
Swings 3/3 @16kg, 2/2 @24kg
TGU 1/1 @16kg, 4/4 @24kg

Held off on pushing to 3/3 @24kg for swings today, but felt I could have. TGU feeling good, LHS pinky side palm pain in some positions, seems like there is always something going on.

1× 90/90 and QL straddle, pump stretch and hang from bar to finish.

Overall feeling good.

7/6/22 1600
Rona isn't going too badly, just feel a bit fatigued more than anything. Have taken a break from training proper, decided since I have so much spare time to do some digging and get on top of my mobility/imbalance issues in my LHS shoulder.

A bit of serratus anterior massage and activation, pec minor release and stretching, and some carry work.

4x100m carries each side. (50m overhead into 50m rack, repeat each side). 1 Min or so rest each pair. Aiming to strengthen shoulder girdle/serratus anterior.

Back
Top Bottom