all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Cool Article I Stumbled Across

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thank you for sharing.
Good insight indeed. And he gave the good guidance at the end of the articles.
Anytime. His physique is honestly what I envision with simple and sinister. A visible six pack, a bit of shoulder definition, some lats but nothing too exaggerated.

Some Good and Misleading Information.

1) Best

This is one of the most trite and misleading words there is.

If something were truly "The Best", it would be the only method to use.

After all, "Why would someone use something less than "The Best", let alone "Second Best" or even lower?

2) Injuries

Warren whines about the his injuries caused from Bodybuilding, CrossFit and the high risk of with Powerlifting; as well as the fact that essentially didn't help his cardiovascular system.

Chronic injuries are due to ignorance an ego. Continuing to push an exercise to the breaking point or training cycle into OverTraining produces this. "Stupid is as Stupid does."

Powerlifting is a Sport and Program devoted to becoming Stronger rather than improving an individual cardiovascular system.

The remedy for any Strength Athlete is to program in some type of cardiovascular work, if you wish improve cardiovascular conditioning or health rather than whining about it.

3) Getting Lean

Increasing muscle mass minimally increased Metabolic Rate.

As the saying go...

"You can't out train a bad diet" and "Abs are make at the table".

"Kettlebells Produce 80% of The Results"

Wow. Then why even consider. own or train with Barbells, Bodyweight Exercises, Bands, etc.?

The mentality of the type of thinking is tantamount to Mark Rippetoe's view the Trap Bar.

1642510196279.png

For a pretty smart guy. Mark often come of with some bizarre ideas and strange statements.

4) Kettlebells For Powerlifting

Finally. a ray of sunshine in a S...t Storm.

As Warren noted, Donnie Thompson used Kettlebells to improve his Powerlifts.

I am an advocate of Kettlebells, especially Kettlebells Swing. Kettlebells Swing are "One of The Best Auxiliary Exercises" for Powerlifters and Athletes.

5) "The most popular training modalities in the US are too focused on the stimulus and not enough on the recovery..."

This is an issue with many individual, many on this site. It is drive by ambitious individuals to succeed. This has been discussed in regard to importance of Periodization Training Plans; which builds in Active Recovery.

I doubt that the "Focus on...not enough recovery" is just with Americans. It more of an universal ego issue compounded by a lack of knowledge on how to write and execute an effective long term program.

Summary

1) Kettlebell Training is an excellent method.

It is a great adjunctive training protocol for athlete in various sports to ensure progress. The same can be stated about other type of Strength Training Method.

2) "It's The Best"

Rarely is something every "The Best". In presenting training information, I often reference something as, "One of The Best"; meaning there are some other effective method or exercise that can be trained.

Last edited:
Great that he finds his favorite training modality/protocol, but his bias against bodybuilding and other method is unbelievable.

Good point. It is...

The Blame Game

This is one of the main issues with most individual.

The problem is that these individual implement an exercise or training method incorrectly,

When if fails, as it with Warren's injury with Bodybuilding and CrossFit, etc. ...they blame it on the exercise or method; rather than considering that they may not have performed the exercise or the program correctly.

This "Blame Game" is a chronic issue that I find working with others.

Last edited:
Good point. It is...

The Blame Game

This is one of the main issues with most individual.,

The problem is that these individual who implement an exercise or training method incorrectly,

When if fails, as it with Warren's injury with Bodybuilding and CrossFit, etc. ...they blame it on the exercise or method; rather than considering that they may not have performed the exercise or the program correctly.

This "Blame Game" is a chronic issue that I find working with others.
This bugs me. If you did X and Y suffered, and Y was important, than you should have incorporated something to maintain or improve Y while you did X. I fell into this trap as well - oh powerlifting is great but I got fat and couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath ... well that wasn't powerlifting's fault, that was me not minding my diet and not doing anything for my "cardio" ...

I thought the article was an honest description of the journey of one man. I think it was implicit in the article that when he says, "best" he means "best if you're anything like me, and I think a lot of people are" - and I have no problem with someone writing about their own experiences in those terms.

-S-

I thought the article was an honest description of the journey of one man. I think it was implicit in the article that when he says, "best" he means "best if you're anything like me, and I think a lot of people are" - and I have no problem with someone writing about their own experiences in those terms.
Think and Implicit

You go out of your way on trying to give other the benefit of the doubt, which is good and bad.

However, what you think and view of what it implies amount to guessing at what he meant and is thinking. Which means your really don't know.

Warren is the only one who really knows what he means.

Chris Thibaudeau's Neuro Training Type (Post 26)

I posted information on this a while back. Someone, rightfully so, quizzed me what part of it meant.

Rather that guessing and coming of with what I think, I contacted Chris Thibaudeau to fully comprehend what me meant. Then posted Thibaudea's reply.

"Your Feeling Don't Matter, The Fact Do"

A large part of the foundation of Warren's article is based on his self induces injuries from Bodybuilding and CrossFit. As well as his fear of Powerlifting being a more prone injury sport that doesn't do much for cardiovascular health.

Warren injuries are due to poorly written and executed programs. Powerlifting injuries are usually due to that, as well,

Powerlifting is not doing much for cardiovascular health. Well, duh.

As per....
his bias against bodybuilding and other method is unbelievable.

This takes us back to the "Blame Game". Warren blamed his poorly written and executed injure on the program.

Rather than accepting it was due his poor choices.

OverTraining and Recovery

As per Warren...

"The most popular training modalities in the US are too focused on the stimulus and not enough on the recovery..."

The is definite one of the primary issue with overly ambitious individuals. it

OverTraining With Kettlebells

Training with a Kettlebell Program doesn't make the program bullet proof on OverTraining that impedes recover.

Some post on this site, often pops up, in regard to an individual who isn't making progress and losing ground with a Kettlebell Training Program.

The Issue

The issue isn't the Strength Training Modality.

Each modality provides some type of positive training effect, when it is a well written and executed.

Kettlebell Training: Here Is What I Like and Why

This would have been a better title regarding his personal experience: high lighting some of the unique benefits of Kettlebell Training.

Warren's Personal Experience

This take us back to.,,.,

Great that he finds his favorite training modality/protocol, but his bias against bodybuilding and other method is unbelievable.

As q.Hung stated, it is great that he found something he likes. One of the keys to maintaining any type of exercise program, diet, etc. is finding something you like doing and look forward to.

The foundation is Warren's bias is based his failures and his not accepting that he was he issue rather than the modality.

Type of People To Learn From

1) Successful

1) Warren's Kettlebell Training personal successful training experience provide some good information on what he found that works.

2) Unsuccessful

2) Warren's failure with Bodybuilding, CrossFit Training and thought on Powerlifting, etc. can provide others with good training information on, "What Not To Do".

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom