all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Core activation for hip mobility

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

D-Rock

Level 5 Valued Member
I've been working on my alignment, spinal stability and mobility, and core activation. What led me here was actually working on hip mobility with a long-term goal of the splits. I have found it is almost impossible to get my hips to let go and loosen up if I am not in alignment, my core and glutes aren't working properly, and my t-spine doesn't move. Which has led me to working on those things first before I try for more hip mobility. As I am starting to get these things right, my hips are automatically opening up.

This reminds me of what @Steve Freides has said before...going after the splits requires you to solve multiple mobility issues. It was like a biomechanical treasure hunt across my body. Try to do splits leads to discomfort in my upper back, realized I don't have t-spine mobility because I was rotated to the right, because my left oblique wasn't firing and my core and glutes were weak and then now all of a sudden I have more hip movement!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom