all posts post new thread

Nutrition Cottage cheese and peanut butter...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
My morning hot oats:

1 cup oats
1 spoon natural pb
1 spoon dehydrated pb
1 spoon coconut oil
2 tbsp flax/chia/hemp seed mix
Cinnamon applied liberally
Little bit of raw honey and/or maple syrup
Blueberries or cut up strawberries if available

Post training oats are much the same minus the fats and plus more syrup and honey

My recipe for energy bars:

2 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup flax seed
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup honey or agave nectar
2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix well, and press into an aluminum pan, cover with foil, and into the fridge for a couple hours. Cut them up & snacks for the week, unless you have teenage kids, then this is recipe creates snacks for only a couple of days.....

My morning hot oats:

1 cup oats
1 spoon natural pb
1 spoon dehydrated pb
1 spoon coconut oil
2 tbsp flax/chia/hemp seed mix
Cinnamon applied liberally
Little bit of raw honey and/or maple syrup
Blueberries or cut up strawberries if available

Post training oats are much the same minus the fats and plus more syrup and honey

You eat this 2x a day, breakfast & post-workout? Just wondering, as this looks like it has a lot of good nutrients for the body.

I tried the cottage cheese and peanut butter. It's good . I'm on a cheesecake bender right now, and I made a savory cheesecake with carrots, bell peppers and onion. Have you guys tried a savory cheesecake?

I just found my breakfast for tomorrow.......:D

@the hansenator How much peanut butter & protein powder are you putting in the cooked oatmeal?
I just went with a scoop of protein powder and a big spoon of peanut butter. And sometimes some cocoa powder. I was taking a kung fu class at the time and the workouts could go three hours or more. This seemed to be dense enough to keep me going without weighing me down or upsetting the tummy.

I just went with a scoop of protein powder and a big spoon of peanut butter. And sometimes some cocoa powder. I was taking a kung fu class at the time and the workouts could go three hours or more. This seemed to be dense enough to keep me going without weighing me down or upsetting the tummy.

Thank you for this recipe, I had this concoction this morning, filling and dense, but the energy is great. My wife was curious to see me at the stove this morning. I am the cook in my house, so she wasn't stunned, but she was surprised that I was making oatmeal. I simply explained to her that I am starting a new chapter in my life, and this is a part of this new me. Working out almost every day, eating better, including making breakfast at home, along with taking the time to make my lunch.

Hi all,

Just tried this combo; small bowl of cottage cheese - say 250ml - with a big dollop of peanut butter in the middle... Mix it up and enjoy!

Absolutely love it. Sounds so wrong but tastes so right!

Try it and let me know what you think!

Harry
I can imagine it's pretty great but too much calories and fats... not good for weight loss but awesome as cheat meal.

My pre-workout meal for a while was mashed bananas mixed with a couple tables spoons. Just the right carbs, fat and protien without weighing me down.

Just had this. Amazing. I put equal scoops of Cottage cheese, Peanut butter and Blueberry Jelly. For the record: All possible combinations are amazing.

I've been looking for some snack and breakfast ideas to mix things up a little. Some great ideas here! Thanks, everyone.

FWIW, I love cottage cheese or sour cream with whatever in it - peanut butter, pieces of fruit, etc. - it's delicious. OTOH, store-bought, low-fat cottage cheese with pineapple is terrible - what makes it taste great is the full-fat dairy.

-S-

#StrongOats

*Heat up pre-cooked steel cut oats with 1 cup frozen strawberries

*After warmed up mix in 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder and 1 scoop of chunky peanut butter

*Sprinkle with cinnamon

Bonus: Vanilla Almond Milk

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom