all posts post new thread

Couch to SFG via S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SullyTex

Level 1 Valued Member
Backgrounder:
51 y/o
Former military
IT professional
Diabetes (under diet control (Keto and IF)
Was 320 lbs Dec 2017
Now 255 as of this AM
Bad shoulder (surgery suggested), neck (same), knees, ankles
Other issues I'd rather not say

Program chosen: Simple and sinister + steel Mace + later programming TBA (SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!!)

Why: Want to finally achieve all SF certs but need to start smart and slow. I feel like accomplishing these eventually will help my outlook and self image, change my ailing system to something strong and viable.

First Workout: 8/14/2018
Warmup as described in book, prying squats are kinda painful!

Swings 20kg
10 L
10 R
10 L
10 R
10 T
10 L
10 R
10 T
10 L
10 R

TGU 11kg (felt safe on shoulder)
5 L to arch only
5 R to arch only

Shoulder pain low enough to tolerate, and strong enough to control with good packing. Strict breathing and concentrated hard on form.

Today: Lats sore (very)! But sore. Did RIS and SJ through workday. Felt pretty good.

I know my weights are sissy, but am being cautious. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Workout 8/15/2018
Warmup went ok. Clicking and popping in shoulder evident but not painful when tension kept in halos. Goblets still painful but breathed through it as best I could.

Swings 20kg
10 T
10 L
10 R
10 T
10 L
10 R
10 T
10 L
10 R
10 T

All took 6 minutes. Recovery between sets was pretty quick.

TGU 11kg (again safe on shoulder)
5 L to arch
5 R to arch
Was hard to keep tension in left shoulder pack. I think lat is weak on that side. Arch was suck with left shoulder pain kind of kicking in. This took 8 minutes.

Soju & Tuba 11kg
I added this with the hope of additional shoulder rehab. Not too much popping and cracking. I guess the shoulder was warmed up good. Lol!
4 L
4 R

Feeling good overall. Did SJ & RIS during work so that is helping.

Last edited:
8/16/2018
Everything is sore!!!

Swings 20kg
10×10 T

Took 5:25. Waited till heart rate was slower before next set. Loaded lats hard! Made sure to pop an float and armor up the abs.

TGU 11kg
4 L arch
4 R arch

Don't feel any progress here. Taking it slowly.

S&T 11kg
6 x 1 L and R

Same: Feeling no progress but made sure to tension and engage lat. Pop and crack, but no pain.

Diet in check (Ketovore). So going to bed t-6 hours from last meal. Going for 18 hours fasting tomorrow.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom