all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Covid-19

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Do you know how long mRNA vaccines have been widely used in humans?
Am pretty sure the tech already being used in individualized cancer treatments. In vaccine form specifically, I believe these are the first, although looking into it the mRNA ones are liable to have far fewer side-effects than the more traditional ones, on several levels.

The mRNA vaccines do not use an immune system irritant (adjuvant) like the subunit vaccines, which could be (is) a cause for concern among some. The subunit technology in general has been called into question compared to live attenuated vaccines following publication of Peter Aaby's research crossing vaccination status with overall mortality rates of large numbers of people in Africa and S Asia.

But... we know what the Covid virus can do, making it worth considerable risk to gain the upper hand on this thing.

“You have all these odd clinical and pathological changes caused by this novel bat coronavirus, and you’re about to meet it with all of these vaccines with which you have no experience,” said Paul Offit, an infectious disease expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and an authority on vaccines.

Paul Offit is the same guy who once said babies could tolerate 10,000 vaccines at once and holds several patents for traditionally developed vaccines...there might be a financial reason for him to call into question novel vaccine development.

I understand the cause for concern. I usually ascribe by "via negativa" as there are always unknown risks when you add something. A novel form of medication is of course a cause for concern. That being said, this is not a technology that was invented in the last year. This has been years in the making that now has an outlet on which it may have a positive effect.

After much reading, research and thought (and discussion with people in healthcare that I respect greatly) I do believe that mRNA tech is going to be safe and effective. I will be taking it when eligible.

I understand the cause for concern. I usually ascribe by "via negativa" as there are always unknown risks when you add something. A novel form of medication is of course a cause for concern. That being said, this is not a technology that was invented in the last year. This has been years in the making that now has an outlet on which it may have a positive effect.

After much reading, research and thought (and discussion with people in healthcare that I respect greatly) I do believe that mRNA tech is going to be safe and effective. I will be taking it when eligible.
My biggest concern is that it will be rendered less or ineffective by improper handling. After a ton of reading into the history of this tech, I'm not worried about side-effects.

My biggest concern is that it will be rendered less or ineffective by improper handling. After a ton of reading into the history of this tech, I'm not worried about side-effects.
That's one thing that is too bad about the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine....it's fragility. Here's an article from one of Canada's territories (north of the 60th parallel), only one road directly out to southern provinces, and most communities only accesible by air and housing a nursing station (mind you some of our southern provinces have a number of air access only places as well).

'Waste no dose': N.W.T. officials explain territory's vaccine distribution | CBC News

Interesting to read of the logistics involved, even regarding jostling and movement to be avoided. Even with conventional vaccines like needing refridgeration at say only 3 or 4C.....that fridge alarm goes off and one breach of temperature in your storage, and the whole batch you have gets tossed. Only goes to show some of the factors involved to realize when people get frustrated at the "slow rollout" of this.

Yes, I would take the vaccine if available, however I am at the back of the line due to age and occupational considerations. From reading online it doesn't look like it will be available to me until June or July of this year.

So I've already had the distinct pleasure of having Covid, mostly just a cough and loss of smell and taste so I'll let others get in front. I'm figuring that if I already had it I can let others get taken care of first before I jump in front of someone with medical issues that need it more than me.

@ShawnM glad to hear you only had minor issues. I believe some (if not all?) countries are not currently vaccinating those who have already had COVID. I may be wrong on this though.

@ShawnM glad to hear you only had minor issues. I believe some (if not all?) countries are not currently vaccinating those who have already had COVID. I may be wrong on this though.
I believe that you are correct. I’ll get a shot eventually, just not going to get in front of the people that need it. The VA offered me one a few weeks ago so it’s there when I want it.

Vitamin D supplementation cuts down the risks from COVID 19 massively.

Training in the way described here How to Train Against a Virus | StrongFirst could potentially be very helpful.

General work to support the immune system, for example zinc supplementation, could maybe be very helpful.

If I experience viral / flu like symptoms, my strategy will be twofold: 1. Massive dose of vitamin C. I've heard stories of when doctors who when feeling under the weather and need to work, inject themselves with vitamin C and crack on. 2. Combining zinc with matcha green tea. The matcha contains EGCG. This will shuttle the zinc to the relevant cells in the human body. Potentially having a huge impact on any virus present.

As far as whether I accept the vaccine: The same people (in and out of power) who are emotively screaming about wearing masks and getting vaccinated, either sat on or had no interest in the compelling evidence re. Vitamin D. Same for improving one's health and resilience in general. A huge amount of unnecessary deaths have most likely occured as a result of the silence / lack of interest around Vitamin D in particular. Coupling this with the fact that Pfizer are protected from lawsuits relating to the vaccine, why should I trust these people or heed what they have to say?

Vitamin D supplementation cuts down the risks from COVID 19 massively.
Interesting, @BennyWalks. For at least a few years, I've taken a 5,000 IU Vitamin D supplement every day. I take one that contains "co-factors" that are supposed to help, somehow - I confess the biology is well beyond my understanding. BeyonD3 is the name of what I've been using.

-S-

Eastern Virginia School of Medicine follows the Marik protocol and vitamin D is a prominent part of it:

Their studies have linked vitamin D deficiency as a greater than 90% predictor of serious Covid-19 illness. Those who tested dreadfully low in vitamin D have been given as high 1,000IU's per pound of bodyweight for three days in order to correct the deficiency.
It's funny you mention that study. I read it when it first came out and really ensured my Vitamin D levels were high and I believe it is what lead to me having the same level of symptoms of a slight cold with loss of taste and smell. I live a few miles down the street from the school so a decent amount of their info is available for us locals.

It's funny you mention that study. I read it when it first came out and really ensured my Vitamin D levels were high and I believe it is what lead to me having the same level of symptoms of a slight cold with loss of taste and smell. I live a few miles down the street from the school so a decent amount of their info is available for us locals.
Everything made sense with their protocol until I researched Ivermectin. My son is friends with a doctor that was interested in Dr. Marik's approach and that's how I came about the 1,000IU per pound anecdote. He was told that Ivermectin has shown powerful anti-viral and anti-inflammatory action against Covid.

Is Paul Marik highly regarded in your region?

Poll results as of time of this post - 56 voters:
Yes - 44, 78.6%
No - 12, 21.4%

Yesterday I asked 74 1st- and 2nd-year university* students at one of Japan's top faculties of science and engineering, "Would you receive the new mRNA vaccine at present** ?" They responded:
Yes - 28, 37.8%
No - 46, 62.2% ***

* university located in Tokyo

** Tokyo Metropolitan Government COVID-19 The Information website

*** potential ADE, the principal cause for concern among those in the "No"

Dr. Tetsuo Nakayama, a project professor at Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and director of the Japanese Society of Clinical Virology, says although the vaccines under development by Pfizer and Moderna successfully created antibodies in trials, there are still doubts about whether those antibodies remain a year or two after vaccination.
There are also underlying concerns about the vaccines’ safety over the long term. Judging from past precedents, their safety and effectiveness are not something that can be determined until at least a year after a massive number of vaccinations have been administered, experts say.
In a worst-case scenario, antibodies could worsen the disease by essentially helping the infection of cells — a phenomenon called antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) — rather than fighting the virus pathogens.
For example, a dengue fever vaccine made by Sanofi, based on a yellow fever vaccine embedded with a part of the dengue virus genome, at first appeared to be effective. But it caused the deaths of children who had been given the vaccination due to the ADE phenomenon.
“Concerns over ADE still remain. I am an elderly person myself, but if I were asked, I would say I don’t want to get a shot,” Nakayama said. “Not all of the 120 million people (in Japan) should get the vaccinations. Children, for example, would not need it because there’s scarcely any risk of severe cases.”

So far, I think everyone who's replied is planning to get vaccinated, so I guess it must be a small elephant, then. :)
A small but very vocal elephant, perhaps?
Evidently, neither that small nor that vocal.

As always, cui bono & follow the money...

Everything made sense with their protocol until I researched Ivermectin. My son is friends with a doctor that was interested in Dr. Marik's approach and that's how I came about the 1,000IU per pound anecdote. He was told that Ivermectin has shown powerful anti-viral and anti-inflammatory action against Covid.
[bold italics mine]

Ivermectin certainly leads in a more promising direction than the vaccine route:

God Bless You, Dr.s Kory and Marik

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom