all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

Hello, didn’t post for a while.
I paused crawling as my main training. I got a new job, working 60-70 hours a week somedays 24 hours non stop . After coming home 5 kids are waiting for entertainment. The crawling Sessions got to demanding in combination with other exercises. I had to decide: just crawling or another shorter balanced basic program.
Since I got big toe tendinitis and adductor strains from crawling only and the rest periods got longer to recover, stopped leopard and Spider-Man crawling and went over to a more balanced program, where I do 7 main exersises for one set to technical failure for 2-3 sessions a week. On Off days I do randomly Cross Crawl variations for 5 minutes, light Suitcase Carrie’s for 5-15 minutes or deep active position PU and Lunge stretches. Keep progressing slowly but constantly, trying to eat 100gr Proteins a day.
Ok, this is a crawling thread, but is it also possible to post also Cross Crawling progressions and training around it?

@Walker I think both cross-crawling and marching fit in these thread as well.

During the past month I have discovered the benefits of cross-crawling. Been doing it multiple times a week in different positions and it feels great.

Yesterday I did slow backwards-forwards leopard crawling. I seesawed each step back and forth to stimulate shoulder. Felt really, really good.

I think both cross-crawling and marching fit in these thread as well.

During the past month I have discovered the benefits of cross-crawling. Been doing it multiple times a week in different positions and it feels great.
Thanks for commenting. I reread the basic /earlier books from Tim Andersen and there he recommends cross crawling as one of the best resets. So I tried a few of them and I think these and head nods are best for substituting some kind of regular routine. Suitcase carries are (in my mind) some kind of weightened cross crawls. You could touch your free arm every step to the opposite knee, or march weightened in place, or (what I like for posture benefits) put the free hand in prisoner style behind your neck while lengthening your spine and march with complete body contraction (suck in your core a little and brace).
I ve got some kind of micro workout which I incoorporate on rest or active days. It includes a whole body tightening and strength endurance and active stretching elements in 3 exercises. 1xdeep active PU hold, 1x deep Lunge hold and some minutes alternating Suitcase carries completed without pause in 10 to 15 minutes without rest. I can do this any time if I’ve got the time. no warm up, no cool down, if I’m tired, if the children are around me (no ballistics), even if I‘m drunk ;-)

Last edited:
I have a question to you. How would you proceed If you did Suitcase carries every or every other day for 1x 10 minutes 1 or 2 times a day with a 20kg Kettlebell additional to a „regular training routine“ 2 to 3 times a week, switching hands every 30 seconds. Would you work up to switching every minute or keep the time and increase the weight to 30 kg?
I would be happy to get some input about this. Thank you.

I have a question to you. How would you proceed If you did Suitcase carries every or every other day for 1x 10 minutes 1 or 2 times a day with a 20kg Kettlebell additional to a „regular training routine“ 2 to 3 times a week, switching hands every 30 seconds. Would you work up to switching every minute or keep the time and increase the weight to 30 kg?
I would be happy to get some input about this. Thank you.
I do carries after a swing or snatch session so my hands can recover every other day. I rarely do swings two days in a row.

My right wrist has been playing up again, so no kettlebells for a few weeks.
Back to squat jumps and crawling.
11x10 squat jumps OMEM.
Followed by leopard crawling forwards 6x1min with 1 min rest in between.

Question: Has anyone here tried loaded crawling? I saw a youtube of Tim crawling dragging chains for extra resistance. So yesterday dragged 20kg plate on grass lawn with webbing around my neck. It was hard, and this morning my upper thighs are suffering with muscle soreness!

My right wrist has been playing up again, so no kettlebells for a few weeks.
Back to squat jumps and crawling.
11x10 squat jumps OMEM.
Followed by leopard crawling forwards 6x1min with 1 min rest in between.

Question: Has anyone here tried loaded crawling? I saw a youtube of Tim crawling dragging chains for extra resistance. So yesterday dragged 20kg plate on grass lawn with webbing around my neck. It was hard, and this morning my upper thighs are suffering with muscle soreness!
I've never tried the weighted crawling but it sounds interesting, I might give it a go soon.

Got about 5:30 of crawling medley yesterday. Leopard, twisting bear and three point bridges from time to time. Shoulders felt strong but occasionally crawling will bother my knees. It goes away with rest every time. So I cut it shorter than planned.

11x10 squat jumps OMEM.
Followed by leopard crawling forwards 6x 30 seconds forward + 30 seconds backwards with 1 minutes active rest of loaded farmers walks in between sets.
No load on crawling this time as I couldn't work out how to attach a load to my self for backwards crawling!

Back
Top Bottom