all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

11x10 squat jumps OMEM.
Followed by leopard crawling forwards 6x 30 seconds forward + 30 seconds backwards with 1 minutes active rest of loaded farmers walks in between sets.
No load on crawling this time as I couldn't work out how to attach a load to my self for backwards crawling!
Sounds like a good session. Do you have a hill or something available to crawl up backwards? That might be a good proxy for loaded crawling. I think some people have tried looping a strap of some kind through a kettlebell and dragging it. If you're indoors, put it on top of something that will slide.

@Walker 's suggestion of bands around the wrists and ankles is good too. A light band makes it surprisingly harder.

Sounds like a good session. Do you have a hill or something available to crawl up backwards? That might be a good proxy for loaded crawling. I think some people have tried looping a strap of some kind through a kettlebell and dragging it. If you're indoors, put it on top of something that will slide.

@Walker 's suggestion of bands around the wrists and ankles is good too. A light band makes it surprisingly harder.
@bluejeff and @Walker thanks for the excellent suggestions.

11x10 squat jumps OMEM.
6 x Forward crawling (loaded by dragging 20kg) for 1 minute with 1 minute rest.
Approx 15 minutes indian clubs.

Cross Crawl Marching for 3 minutes

I think starting tomorrow I'm going to treat crawling as it's own program with swings/snatches done on non-crawling days. I'm thinking of using the following program:

Have a great day!

I got about 5:30 total of leopard yesterday.

Question for you fellow crawlers: I am just curious about your crawling postures. Maybe it's just something specific to my body, but I more often find it to be more comfortable to look just barely at the horizon, rather than keep a really tall chest. It makes me wonder if it has to do with proportions and lever arms, etc. If I keep my chest fairly tall, I get too much back extension and anterior pelvic tilt (which are things I have a little too much of to begin with).

I got about 5:30 total of leopard yesterday.

Question for you fellow crawlers: I am just curious about your crawling postures. Maybe it's just something specific to my body, but I more often find it to be more comfortable to look just barely at the horizon, rather than keep a really tall chest. It makes me wonder if it has to do with proportions and lever arms, etc. If I keep my chest fairly tall, I get too much back extension and anterior pelvic tilt (which are things I have a little too much of to begin with).
The way I see it is that proper breathing, staying relaxed and looking where you are going is what matters. All the finer details will sort themselves out when you don’t try to force anything and just let proper nasal breathing using the diaphragm guide you. This is of course the OS way and your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom