all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

3 minutes of Leopard Crawling prior to swings.

I've been slacking off on crawling lately and I can feel a difference. I'm going to start making them a priority with their own seperate session in the afternoons.

Have a great day!

I actually got about 5 minutes of a crawling medley in today. I've been focusing on whatever seems to help the issues I've been dealing with, so crawling doesn't always make its way in. Rocking, however, is a daily thing. I guess that's "stationary crawling?"

This is awesome? Are you doing this accumulated or is this 10 straight?
I'm going ten minutes straight but what I'm doing is Leopard Crawling forward the width of the room I train in and Baby Crawling backwards and then going forward again. I haven't figured out the mechanics of Leopard Crawling backwards yet, getting there, just not great at it. Lol.

@ShawnM how is the 10min leopard crawling treating you? I know it’s kind of used as a standard, so I wondered if you’ve noticed any effects or carryover to anything, in training and/or daily living.

@ShawnM how is the 10min leopard crawling treating you? I know it’s kind of used as a standard, so I wondered if you’ve noticed any effects or carryover to anything, in training and/or daily living.
So far I'm noticing a good deal less back and hip pain/stiffness and a bit more definition in my upper body. My core seems a lot more stable as well. I usually will do Leopard crawls forward until I run into a wall and then baby crawl backwards, haven't been able to get the body to Leopard Crawl backwards just yet. I do get a bit of a "cardio" session out of it as I'm 240lbs and crawling can be taxing at my size. I get a pretty good upper body pump out of it so that's nice and I feel more stable when I'm doing get ups when I get around to doing them.

Thanks for asking!

So far I'm noticing a good deal less back and hip pain/stiffness and a bit more definition in my upper body. My core seems a lot more stable as well. I usually will do Leopard crawls forward until I run into a wall and then baby crawl backwards, haven't been able to get the body to Leopard Crawl backwards just yet. I do get a bit of a "cardio" session out of it as I'm 240lbs and crawling can be taxing at my size. I get a pretty good upper body pump out of it so that's nice and I feel more stable when I'm doing get ups when I get around to doing them.

Thanks for asking!
Thanks for sharing!

~5 accumulated minutes of back and forth leopard crawling, done in rounds of ~60-80seconds.

It's hard to time exact 1 minute rounds when you're crawling back and forth.

Plan is to start at 5 rounds of ~1minute, then accumulate to 5x(2minute), then gradually move towards longer rounds, less rounds, and try to get towards 10min.

Now I just have to not get distracted with all the other things I want to do.

~5 accumulated minutes of back and forth leopard crawling, done in rounds of ~60-80seconds.

It's hard to time exact 1 minute rounds when you're crawling back and forth.

Plan is to start at 5 rounds of ~1minute, then accumulate to 5x(2minute), then gradually move towards longer rounds, less rounds, and try to get towards 10min.

Now I just have to not get distracted with all the other things I want to do.
same here, I have no idea how long a round takes and usually have no idea how many back and forth trips I make. I just set a timer and go back and forth until the timer alarm goes off.

Back
Top Bottom