all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

Got in 5 minutes straight of slow baby crawling at the end of what would normally be a lighter session yesterday. Caught some kind of cold that’s going around last week and am still getting my work capacity back. Maybe it was the pushing work I did first, but continually crawling for 5 minutes had my shoulders burning pretty good.

I lost the habit of a daily crawling session, but have recently managed to stick to a GTG habit of crawling from one end of the house to the other whenever I need to get something from rooms at far end. (long skinny house) works out to approx 30-40 "steps" 35 - 50 seconds several times a day.

I lost the habit of a daily crawling session, but have recently managed to stick to a GTG habit of crawling from one end of the house to the other whenever I need to get something from rooms at far end. (long skinny house) works out to approx 30-40 "steps" 35 - 50 seconds several times a day.
I do this too. I crawl ten minutes a day but I do it whenever I can without a plan. Sometimes Ill go for 1 minute, sometimes 5. As long as I get the accumulated 10 minutes. Its a great way to feel refreshed after sitting.

I do this too. I crawl ten minutes a day but I do it whenever I can without a plan. Sometimes Ill go for 1 minute, sometimes 5. As long as I get the accumulated 10 minutes. Its a great way to feel refreshed after sitting.
That’s a great idea! I ought to try that out….I’m still trying to figure out how to fit in crawling volume between the other things I want to work on.

Today I did about 5 minutes accumulated baby and leopard crawling after squats and push-ups.

That’s a great idea! I ought to try that out….I’m still trying to figure out how to fit in crawling volume between the other things I want to work on.

Today I did about 5 minutes accumulated baby and leopard crawling after squats and push-ups.
I like the supersets of crawling idea. The thing I like most about crawling is you can drop down and do it anywhere! Waiting for coffee to brew? Crawl. Kids wanna play? Crawl with them on my back. Its so easy to implement.

Hello,
didn t post for a while, all I can say is, that standing cross crawls are pure gold. they tie my upper and lower body together in a functional way. They are my main dynamic go to exersice while doing my isometrics. Simple but effective.

Super pumped. Been crawling for the past few months accumulating 10 mins of work per day. Usually don3 in 2-3 minute leopard crawls. Today (for no particular reason) I leopard crawled back in forth in my living room. I felt good so I went 10 mins straight! First time ever doing a 10 minute crawl. Best part is, it didnt feel that bad. Keep going, crawlers!

Super pumped. Been crawling for the past few months accumulating 10 mins of work per day. Usually don3 in 2-3 minute leopard crawls. Today (for no particular reason) I leopard crawled back in forth in my living room. I felt good so I went 10 mins straight! First time ever doing a 10 minute crawl. Best part is, it didnt feel that bad. Keep going, crawlers!
Nice job, that’s awesome!

Hello,
I reread the Bulletproof Project again and decided to drop the isometric work besides handstand training and squats and implement OS crawling variations regularly again.
Goal is to reach the 10 minutes nonstop (again), then progress to harder variations.
Today: 1x 5 minutes speed skaters on knees and 1x 5 minutes prone cross crawls on knees.

I've been slacking off on crawling lately and I can feel a difference. I'm going to start making them a priority with their own seperate session in the afternoons

That's a great idea.

I'm crawling 2 or 3 times a week - leopard crawl for two sets in a modified 9 minute challenge format.
I'm proud that I can leopard crawl at all... Have worked up from 0 to 1 min plus.
Goal for 2023 - 5 minutes

That's a great idea.

I'm crawling 2 or 3 times a week - leopard crawl for two sets in a modified 9 minute challenge format.
I'm proud that I can leopard crawl at all... Have worked up from 0 to 1 min plus.
Awesome. You may be surprised at how quickly you can accumulate time if you're consistent with it. That is, of course, if you're not getting blasted too hard by other training, which, ahem...is why I haven't been crawling much lately.... I ought to though :)

That's a great idea.

Great work. I also did the 9MC for a looong time and it really helped my crawling. Another thing that seemed to help was doing 10 mins through out the day in any way. So maybe 3 mins during the 9MC, then 1 minute after lunch, 30 seconds before coffee etc until you reach 10 (or whatever goal)

Hello, I made an experiment. Since my joints are cracking and popping and my tendons get irritated from long repetitive work, I looked for exercises deconstructing the crawling pattern for some weeks on an isometric base. I decided to do OL Wall sits for 80 seconds, OL (alternating every 10 seconds) planks for 2 min and OA planks (alternating every 10 seconds) for 2 min. Frequency was 3 to 5 times a week. Focus was on fullbody tension and good form. Today I tried leopard crawling again and it felt light and smooth, I used no timer, so I can’t say how long I crawled. Didn’t thought that this worked so well.

Anyone have any experience with an arthritic big toe? Kinda uncomfortable when I crawl at times.
Not sure if there is anything to do about it.

Anyone have any experience with an arthritic big toe? Kinda uncomfortable when I crawl at times.
Not sure if there is anything to do about it.
Hello, you could do prone or skater cross crawls with Trx straps around your ankles, or put a foam roller under your lower shins. For an advanced variation put your feet above the ground against a wall and start cross crawling.

Back
Top Bottom