all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

Hi, I decided to skip carrying and go for crawling only. at the end of the workout I add some prone cobras for ceeping a good posture?

[URLunfurl="true"]https://lmimirroralphapvr.azureedge...c-7048-49b4-b469-a41d1125f1e7/prone-cobra.gif[/URL]

why? ( In my theory) crawling is a great minimal alternative to OAPU and OLSQ if you want strength, conditioning, mental focus and endurance at the same time, if there are joint issues. Starting at a moderate load, I hope my connective tissues can handle it this time.
The read the „daily 30“ book from coach Mathias, witch is an all bodyweight regime on push ups, squats and the prone cobra, doing 10x10 of each. His eBook is overpriced, but I like the simplicity of it.
What besides of bridging would you prefere as a pure bodyweight movement to substitute crawling ( no pull ups)?

@Walker what specifically bothered you when crawling? Wrists, knees, shoulders…?

I sometimes find that leopard crawling bothers one of my knees. Haven’t figured out why it how to adjust yet though.

Imo bridging is a lot different from crawling…

@Walker what specifically bothered you when crawling? Wrists, knees, shoulders…?

I sometimes find that leopard crawling bothers one of my knees. Haven’t figured out why it how to adjust yet though.

Imo bridging is a lot different from crawling…
Hello, after after some weeks my knees tend to do grindy and crunchy noises. These persisted then for a few weeks Icould even hear and feel it when walking upstairs. Second are my big toe tendons get irritated and usually my left leg adductor tendons. Warming up , shaking out and (loaded) stretches help a little. I would be happy about some advises to fix that.

Hello, after after some weeks my knees tend to do grindy and crunchy noises. These persisted then for a few weeks Icould even hear and feel it when walking upstairs. Second are my big toe tendons get irritated and usually my left leg adductor tendons. Warming up , shaking out and (loaded) stretches help a little. I would be happy about some advises to fix that.
I'll let you know if I figure something out if I can figure anyting out about the knees! I know that big toe extension is important for healthy gait, so some research into that could be useful. The connection to crawling should be obvious.

I am in no way expert, but could it just be too much crawling too quickly? Which lead to overuse injuries.

A routine,wich I did regularly during the last weeks and days:
head nods 2-5minutes
standing cross crawls 2-5 minutes
SLDLs 2-5minutes
rocking 2-5minutes
leopard crawling 10minutes or prone cross crawls 10minutes
suitcase carries 10 minutes or goblet chest carries 10 minutes
isometric grip work
bw windmill stretch

Hello, I’m into the 30 crawling challenge (Aleks Salkin) this is my 17th day and I’m surprised to see that you can crawl everyday. I’ve always struggled with recovery and had to take some days off after training. Perhaps I can turn this challenge into a habit. Up to now my joints and tendons can handle the volume.

Hello, I can t think of a better place to post this question. What do you think of animal flow? Since OS has to offer prone crawling as main strength and conditioning builder, AF has to offer two more, the crab (posterior chain emphasis) and the lateral ape (deep squat emphasis). I like Tim s
approach of doing a task for 10 minutes. Can you think of any benefits of adding these two movements and cut the leopard crawling a little, or are the benefits of specializing on prone crawling solely superior? I hope for some input. Thank you.

Hello, I can t think of a better place to post this question. What do you think of animal flow? Since OS has to offer prone crawling as main strength and conditioning builder, AF has to offer two more, the crab (posterior chain emphasis) and the lateral ape (deep squat emphasis). I like Tim s
approach of doing a task for 10 minutes. Can you think of any benefits of adding these two movements and cut the leopard crawling a little, or are the benefits of specializing on prone crawling solely superior? I hope for some input. Thank you.
I have never directly studied any animal flow, but I have seen enough clips of it to get an impression. I have often spliced those kinds of movements into my regular crawling. The uspide is that it is eaiser to stay crawling for longer because you aren't stressing the same muscles and movement pattern the whole time (at least in the same way). That's only a "downside" if you are looking to stress the same muscles and movement pattern the whole time.

Today:
1x3 min rocking
1x3min head nods
1x3 min SLDL
1x3 min cross crawls
1x 6 min leopard crawling
1x3 min leopard crawling
1x3min leopard crawling
1x3min leopard crawling
1x6 min leopard crawling
(head up and nasal breathing) up

Last edited:
@Walker what does 3 minutes of head nods feel like?
This feels good. I sometimes do them for 5 minutes or longer. I can feel/contract my erector spinae in a very comfortable tensioned way down to the buttocks. The lateral erectors get nicely activated if I try to have a look sideways behind my back (trying to have a look at my contralateral foot). First I thought head nods are way overrated, but for me, they aren’t.

Last edited:
I completed the 30 day crawling challenge. My max time crawling went up from 4 to six minutes. I reread OS Performance and the Bulletproof Project. I stumbled over a passage where Tim talks about the power of simple repetitive movements (crawling) and the weight of water challenge.
For the next time will try this; because it is a much simpler task with less coordination and balance, where you can brace your body much more. Yesterday and today I did these for 11 minutes (6+4+1 minutes) and 11minutes (1x11 minutes) horse stance ( just above parallel). For the next days or weeks this will be my everyday program minimum (doing some resets before).

Last edited:
I completed the 30 day crawling challenge. My max time crawling went up from 4 to five minutes. I reread OS Performance and the Bulletproof Project. I stumbled over a passage where Tim talks about the power of simple repetitive movements (crawling) and the weight of water challenge.
For the next time will try this; because it is a much simpler task with less coordination and balance, where you can brace your body much more. Yesterday and today I did these for 11 minutes (6+4+1 minutes) and 11minutes (1x11 minutes) horse stance ( just above parallel). For the next days or weeks this will be my everyday program minimum (doing some resets before).
I love Weight of Water. Its like a meditation. I find it almost relaxing yet taxing (??). Let me know how it goes for you. I found that I was able to reach 10 minutes once I stopped thinking about the clock at all.

Back
Top Bottom