all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

My crawling has stopped in the program I followed, gone back to S&S.
But due to this thread I now have a copy of Tim's book Pressing reset: Original Strength. Started to use the 10 minutes OS reset with crawling as a cool down after training. Also trying to fit in a 10 minute re set at random times in the day.

Last edited:
Edit: the added carries didn‘t feel good. Theoretically it made sense to ad them (upper back, erector spinae, squatting mechanics and biceps activation). I added 3 x3 minutes superslow leopard crawls, which felt great. I‘m irritated but try to accept this experience. I will try to cut down the variation, focus even more on crawling and have to look out for muscular imbalances.

@Walker what bothers you with the Carries?

Also, are you just holding the bell by the horns and walking with it…? Maybe I missed the description of “goblet carries” somewhere.

@Walker what bothers you with the Carries?

Also, are you just holding the bell by the horns and walking with it…? Maybe I missed the description of “goblet carries” somewhere.
I do them as shown by Tim Anderson in this video, he recommends them to build „old men strength“

They are also described in Dan Johns book published on DD, he recommends them to develop „anaconda strength“.
1656624299917.jpeg
15 Years ago I had a surgery because of a supraumbilical hernia which I got because of overdoing one arm hindu push ups, following the naked warrior approach, but it was my own fault, I tried out my limits, went all out, testing my limits.
Since then I couldn’t do heavy squats, heavy deadlifts or heavy pulling or heavy pushing . With increased abdominal pressure my upper abdominals tended to stick out and my abs lost connection to each other, my linea alba widened. I found a lot of benefits doing isometrics over a longer period of time, built a base of strength and conditioning again, was surprised that my body adapted well to crawling afterwards. My abs ( six pack hidden behind a layer of skinny fat) came close together, when I contract them I can’t put one finger between them actually. Before I crawled a lot, I did carries and other stuff and could put three fingers between my ab sections, they even bulged out.
My core / abs became one of my strongest body parts after lots of crawling .
During the carries today, which I paused for a while, I recognized my ab/ core sections to separate again and bulge out. I tried different approaches to prevent this but it only get worse. But after some leopard crawling afterwards, my abs got connected and tightended again.

Sorry for the long answer, but I thought I should mention my experience in this case, which is some kind of special (?).
Healthy persons with a stable core should benefit much more from carries. In theory carries are great, you need no mwarm up, you need almost no skills, you adapt fast, you built some kind of allround strength and conditioning.

Attachments

• 1656626625981.jpeg
    1656626625981.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
Today: 5x2 minutes leopard crawling with minibands around wrists/ankles, 1x5min standing cross crawls, 1x5min head nods and 1x5min rocking on knees.
Yesterday static holds: 5x1min deep PU position, 5x1min deep lunge (per leg) and 10x30sec row hangs.

Finally got a new session in.
~5:40 of crawling medley before main strength work. I would like to progress my crawls, but they are in competition with my other goals atm....

Edit: maybe I'll just start doing them with my weight vest on or something...

Did get my 5ish minutes of leopard crawl medley in yesterday. Left shoulder was feeling a bit funky so I’ve been skipping the lizard crawls till it feels more normal again.

G'day Crawl Group.

This bloke does some interesting things with bodyweight and kettlebells and crawling. The forum will not allow me to post the link. his name is michael lisichkin. astonishing skills and strength.

Last edited:
Is it this guy? Seems like mostly kettlebells at a glance, but I also found an IG post of him crawling holding gymnastic rings....

Yes that's the bloke.
I tried to link to a video of him crawling with the gymnastic rings and then doing the explosive feet and hands leaving the ground pushups on facebook. Maybe we are not allowed to link to facebook videos on this forum.

Hello,
Paused for a few days because of a beginning tendonitis on my right big toe. Never thought of this before. Today I started again, no challenges.
1x3 min standing cross crawls, 2x2 minutes leopard crawling with minibands, 1x3 min slow regular leopard crawl, 1x90 sec deep PU position iso, 150sec deep lunge iso, 120sec row hang iso.

Back
Top Bottom