all posts post new thread

Nutrition Creatine monohydrate

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rayhzel

Level 3 Valued Member
I wanted to know about your opinions on this?
I always stayed away from this as I was always thought creatine caused you to retain fluids. However I stumbled on an article on Scott Iardella's page debunking that.

So I was wondering about your opinions and experiences on this supplement. Both from a strength and physical outlook?

Gives me terrible cramps no matter how much water I drink. It's a no go for me.

Took it while I was younger with good benefits and no cramps. Not sure why now I get them.

The new creatine micro dose stuff is supposedly better all the way around, but still a no go for me also .both types give me cramps its creatine hcl if you want to look it up several brands .every test they did between mono and hydro the hydro won hands down.

Last edited:
I do not get any cramps. I do take the stuff, the science is pretty unanimous on the subject. I have not done any thorough empirical studies on the matter, but it is cheap and has no downsides for me so I see why not.

Dan John highly recommends it. He recommends initially dosing low to see if you have adverse effects. If there are adverse effects, then obviously its not for you, but for those who its agreeable with, he encourages using it. Only change one thing at a time when introducing something new though, so that you can be sure what is causing the effects. So don't add a bunch of other supplements or drastically change your diet at the same time you are introducing creatine.

Creatine is the most researched strength building supplement, and one of the very few proven to enhance performance. Drink with carbs as fast as possible because it starts to break down quickly. I take 5-10 grams pre workout. Some say to cycle off every 8 weeks, but I take a small amount everyday.

It is not a magic supplement, but it will help you get that last rep or two to trigger adaptation.

P.S. Has been attributed to baldness in some. It can crystallize and block hair follicles. So there can be side effects like with anything. Examine.com is a great unbiased resource for supplements.

For me creatine works wonders. It improves my maximal strength, strength endurance, and explosiveness very noticeably. I use micronized creatine monohydrate. No bloating and no cramps. If you can get a brand with the "creapure" logo on the container even better, it's a higher quality supplier and a lot of the major brands like Allmax or Ultimate Nutrition use creapure in their creatine products.

Studies have shown that creatine loading can significantly increase DHT, which has a part to play in male pattern baldness. Personally, I've been using creatine for well over a decade now with no effects on my hair. But if you're susceptible and you're worried about it, you may want to take that into consideration.

Creatine is great. When I was training with barbells I'd use it regularly. I'd cycle about 12 weeks on, 4 off. It's not an end all be all, but it does give you an edge.

The Jarrow brand is best.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom