all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Critique KB plan I wrote for my brother.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MattM

SFG1
Brother cancelled his gym membership and is interested in home training. He is proficient in the use of kettlebells. He has access to an 18, 26 and double 40kg bells at my house.

I want him to train every other day as he is limited on time. His goal is to stay strong and lean out a bit, he really doesn't like doing anything over 10 reps besides 2 handed swings. I tried to make it so the pushups and goblet squats were somewhat of a warmup but not label them as a warmup.

I also told him to use whatever weights he feels comfortable with that day and that he could do 2 sets of 10 ab rolls if he feels good at the end. He has been doing tons of pullups the past couple of months and wanted a break from pullups and rows.

Day 1-
2x10 bw pushups
2x5 pause goblet squats
4x5 uneven (for now) double kb front squat
6x5 single kb strict overhead press

Day 2-
2x10 bw pushups
4x5 double deadlift (2 sumo, 2 suitcase (shrug at the top if wanted))
3x5 ring dips
75+ 2 handed swings

Day 3-
2x5 pause goblet squats
4x5 half getups (both sides, he hates coming back down with the weight, for now)
4x8 1 arm swings
4x5 1 arm cleans
4x8 1 arm snatches

Good on you for helping a family member to stay in the fight.

This is not so much of a critique of your programming but my thoughts on the practitioner writing programming for themselves or another.

As I see it, there are good coaches, instructors and programmers. However, excelling at one area does not necessarily transfer to the other. With that, staying in a lane can sometimes be the best help to offer another.

Also, following third party programming can be quite liberating, especially with a small group. This removes any potential for movement bias and can mitigate intra-group concerns or conflict.

That said, some are interested in the art of programming and need participants to practice on. Who better than a family member?

All the best as you unpack this training opportunity with your brother!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom