all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Cultures of Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@masa Same here. Same goes for Arthur Saxon, George Hackenschmidt, and Siegmund Klein - my favourite old-time strongmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an extract of the most impressive lift - Wierzbiki's 420 kg deadlift at 105 kg bodyweight, a 4x bodyweight deadlift from a man who weighs 230 lbs.

I guess I'll get back to my training now ...

-S-

Oh yeah !
At first, when seeing his relatively low squat and bench, I thought he was an outsider present only because he was the local guy.

Then came the deadlift...
...and I understood I made a wrong assumption.

What a lift !
And it is after a 405 kg deadlift !

Oh yeah !
At first, when seeing his relatively low squat and bench, I thought he was an outsider present only because he was the local guy.

Then came the deadlift...
...and I understood I made a wrong assumption.

What a lift !
And it is after a 405 kg deadlift !
He lifted raw for most of the meet, it's worth noting, which is part of the reason his numbers were lower, and he was the only non-SHW in his flight. If you look at other videos of his from previous meets, he usually DL's raw also, but here he was going for an all-time record in the IPF, and he got it, surpassing even the SHW lifters for the WR, and then breaking his own record after that.

Amazing.

-S-

Yes, I was looking with a distracted eye, and did not pay attention that he lifted raw.

I later understood he was just ensuring he would qualify for the deadlift, not competing for the total, and saving himself for the record. That was worth it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom