all posts post new thread

Barbell daily Deadlifth

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi everybody

I want put my kettlbell training (A+A)Heawy snatches 40kg to
I want to work together with a barbell, but with regard to regeneration and health, as I realize that I am no longer 20 years old.

I have been training for a longer time for 17 years and since 2012 according to the Strongfirst methodology.

My point is maybe is time for doing fewer but better maybe one lifth with Barbell 3-4 times a week like EAsy Strenght with my two A+A protocol s I do not want to give up these KB protocols because I grew up mentally not only physically, as after several medium-heavy series I am able to get '' flow state ,, And it is meditative and overall uplifting

Are you have dome advices or so ?
Thanks

appreciate
Best

Pat

I am summoned! Sorry, I have been very inactive on this forum the last few days. My primary goals are focused on power lifting, but I also want to be healthy, so I try to find some balance (conditioning, mobility, etc). In general, I dedicate 1 day per week for serious strength training (powerlifting), 1 day for some weak point and hypertrophy training, and then some days dedicated to A&A snatches and walking (sometimes with weight). The A&A snatches are great. They fill in all the gaps for me for my GPP. The walking is my aerobic training.

There are a lot of ways to train and I think they can all work (high volume, high frequency, western style, eastern style, etc...). But in general, I tend to follow this template: 1 day for absolute strength training, 1 day for weak point/accessory/hypertrophy training to support your goals, frequent aerobic training (walking/rucking), and several days of kbell training for general GPP. In the past, this kbell training consisted of doubles like ETK+. However, recently, I really am liking the minimalistic A&A or Q&D snatch programs, especially since the barbell provides for my main strength training.

So if my goal was to progress with A&A and excel at the deadlift (as an intermediate or advanced lifter, not for beginners), I might do the following:

Day 1 - Deadlift via pendulum periodization. Starting with high volume and low intensity (example 5x5 at 60% 1RM) and over months reducing volume and increasing Intensity. I would also choose a 2nd lift, an upper upper body press. Overhead press would work. I really like the floor press. It has a lot of the same benefits as the bench press but it isn't as technical and is safer to perform. I would program the floor press the same as the deadlift. For both lifts, every 3-4 weeks I would DELOAD and only do about 50% 1RM and do lots of singles, focusing on technique. I think this is important for long term compliance and let's you recharge so you can keep pushing , in the long game. It also prevents injuries.

Day 2 - A&A snatch day

Day 3 - Accessory Day. This is very specific to you. It may just be as simple as more deadlifts and more floor presses, especially if you lean more towards a beginner. Where are you weak? How do you fail? If your deadlift was weak off the floor or mid shin, I might do deficit deadlifts OR paused deadlifts. I might then follow up with rows or pull ups or shrugs (pick 2 or 3 total exercises to support the deadlift, aim for higher reps). For the floor press, I might choose a closer grip floor press for volume followed by either dips, pushups, kbell presses. Pick 2 or 3 exercises that support both lifts. When in doubt, just do more deadlifting and pressing (higher volume, low intensity relative to Day 1). End the workout with some kbell farmers walks and some stir the pots or front planks.

Day 4 - A&A snatch day. My personal preference is to wave the load. I like going fairly light 2 days per week and going heavy 1 day per week (I reduce the volume). This is just my personal preference. For example, I might do easy 32 kg snatches 2 days and 1 day with the 40kg and even mix in some doubles or triples with the 48kg (or swings if you can't snatch it). Not sure how the true A&A experts would feel about this, but I like it.

Day 5 - Long Ruck Day. Note, I walk every day. But 1 day is dedicated for a long one.
Day 6 - A&A snatch day
Day 7 - Take a day off (notice there 's a day off before my deadlift day).
Every Day - Short walk / Ruck. Easy for me because I have dogs. Spend 15 min or so doing necessary mobility including goblet squats, etc (highly individual, depends on your needs). Healthy diet focused on your goals. A good night's sleep.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Like I mentioned in the beginning, there are a lot of systems or periodization schemes that will work to help you achieve your goals. This is just 1 example and it works for me. The most important thing is to pick something that you will do consistently. If you have any questions or want to get into finer details let me know. I do something very similar to this, I include the squat as well as deadliftt and floor press. Also, very recently, I temporarily replaced A&A snatches with Q&D snatches. Ill post about this sometime in the future.

Regards,

Eric

I am summoned! Sorry, I have been very inactive on this forum the last few days. My primary goals are focused on power lifting, but I also want to be healthy, so I try to find some balance (conditioning, mobility, etc). In general, I dedicate 1 day per week for serious strength training (powerlifting), 1 day for some weak point and hypertrophy training, and then some days dedicated to A&A snatches and walking (sometimes with weight). The A&A snatches are great. They fill in all the gaps for me for my GPP. The walking is my aerobic training.

There are a lot of ways to train and I think they can all work (high volume, high frequency, western style, eastern style, etc...). But in general, I tend to follow this template: 1 day for absolute strength training, 1 day for weak point/accessory/hypertrophy training to support your goals, frequent aerobic training (walking/rucking), and several days of kbell training for general GPP. In the past, this kbell training consisted of doubles like ETK+. However, recently, I really am liking the minimalistic A&A or Q&D snatch programs, especially since the barbell provides for my main strength training.

So if my goal was to progress with A&A and excel at the deadlift (as an intermediate or advanced lifter, not for beginners), I might do the following:

Day 1 - Deadlift via pendulum periodization. Starting with high volume and low intensity (example 5x5 at 60% 1RM) and over months reducing volume and increasing Intensity. I would also choose a 2nd lift, an upper upper body press. Overhead press would work. I really like the floor press. It has a lot of the same benefits as the bench press but it isn't as technical and is safer to perform. I would program the floor press the same as the deadlift. For both lifts, every 3-4 weeks I would DELOAD and only do about 50% 1RM and do lots of singles, focusing on technique. I think this is important for long term compliance and let's you recharge so you can keep pushing , in the long game. It also prevents injuries.

Day 2 - A&A snatch day

Day 3 - Accessory Day. This is very specific to you. It may just be as simple as more deadlifts and more floor presses, especially if you lean more towards a beginner. Where are you weak? How do you fail? If your deadlift was weak off the floor or mid shin, I might do deficit deadlifts OR paused deadlifts. I might then follow up with rows or pull ups or shrugs (pick 2 or 3 total exercises to support the deadlift, aim for higher reps). For the floor press, I might choose a closer grip floor press for volume followed by either dips, pushups, kbell presses. Pick 2 or 3 exercises that support both lifts. When in doubt, just do more deadlifting and pressing (higher volume, low intensity relative to Day 1). End the workout with some kbell farmers walks and some stir the pots or front planks.

Day 4 - A&A snatch day. My personal preference is to wave the load. I like going fairly light 2 days per week and going heavy 1 day per week (I reduce the volume). This is just my personal preference. For example, I might do easy 32 kg snatches 2 days and 1 day with the 40kg and even mix in some doubles or triples with the 48kg (or swings if you can't snatch it). Not sure how the true A&A experts would feel about this, but I like it.

Day 5 - Long Ruck Day. Note, I walk every day. But 1 day is dedicated for a long one.
Day 6 - A&A snatch day
Day 7 - Take a day off (notice there 's a day off before my deadlift day).
Every Day - Short walk / Ruck. Easy for me because I have dogs. Spend 15 min or so doing necessary mobility including goblet squats, etc (highly individual, depends on your needs). Healthy diet focused on your goals. A good night's sleep.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Like I mentioned in the beginning, there are a lot of systems or periodization schemes that will work to help you achieve your goals. This is just 1 example and it works for me. The most important thing is to pick something that you will do consistently. If you have any questions or want to get into finer details let me know. I do something very similar to this, I include the squat as well as deadliftt and floor press. Also, very recently, I temporarily replaced A&A snatches with Q&D snatches. Ill post about this sometime in the future.

Regards,

Eric

Yeah its look great Thanks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom