all posts post new thread

Barbell Daily dose deadlift using incline and deadlift

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SethRen

Level 4 Valued Member
Just wanted any thoughts on the following setup. Using 10 singles for incline based on a 245 max. Is this enough volume for chest?

Mondy - Friday
Dead 5 singles based on 410 max
Days 1-6: 305
Day 7: 325
Days 8-13: 305
Day 14: 345
Days 15-20: 305
Day 21: 365
Days 22-27: 305
Day 28: 335
Day 29-34: 305
Day 35: 355
Days 36-41: 305
Day 42: 375
Days 43-45: 305

Incline 10 singes based on 245 max

Days 1-6: 185
Day 7: 195
Days 8-13: 185
Day 14: 210
Days 15-20: 185
Day 21: 220
Days 22-27: 185
Day 28: 205
Day 29-34: 185
Day 35: 215
Days 36-41: 185
Day 42: 225
Days 43-45: 185

Pendlay rows 155 1X5 add 5 pounds every 3 workouts
EZ bar curls 75 1X5 add 5 pounds every week
20 minutes of cardio

Squat on Saturday and do some shoulder work

Conventional wisdom is that bench responds to more volume than deadlifts. So I'm not sure if you can apply Daily Dose to the bench, even by doubling it to 10 singles. But I'm no expert.

I really just want to comment to ask if you considered PTTP? It's certainly proven to work, and you get to lift 5 days a week and focus on deads and bench. (I recognize that bench volume of PTTP and ten singles of Daily Dose Bench is the same, but there are other differences.)

For me, DDD was a way to bump up the deadlift while I put most of my effort into ROP. But if I was going to build a program around deadlifting and benching, I don't think it would be my first choice.

Conventional wisdom is that bench responds to more volume than deadlifts. So I'm not sure if you can apply Daily Dose to the bench, even by doubling it to 10 singles. But I'm no expert.

I really just want to comment to ask if you considered PTTP? It's certainly proven to work, and you get to lift 5 days a week and focus on deads and bench.

For me, DDD was a way to bump up the deadlift while I put most of my effort into ROP. But if I was going to build a program around deadlifting and benching, I don't think it would be my first choice.

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't think it's ideal either, but I'm coming off tennis elbow surgery(12 weeks post op) and I thought it might be a good way to get my incline press back up???

This is sound thinking, IMHO. The DDD is a minimalist program, designed to allow one's deadlift to be trained without taking away from other activities.

That said, it's also a fine program if you want your deadlifting to simply be trained in a minimalist way. PTTP is 10 lifts per day. I think it's reasonable to predict that the 5 lifts/day of the DDD won't work for every person and all purposes because its volume is so low.

@SethRen, unless you have a compelling reason, consider one-armed pressing as you recover from your surgery. It will give you a good idea of where your healing side is in comparison to your "normal" side - and, anyway, I am a big fan of one-armed pressing.

-S-

You know guys. I was thinking about bench volume in the routine I proposed and I'm under the opinion that it's enough. I was looking at the Steve Justa singles routine where you lift every other day with 12 singles on bench and 25 on Squat and deads. My program using 10 daily singles is actually more volume than justa's routine. @Steve..I like your thought on single arm pressing for a while. I think I may try it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom