all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Daily Dose Double Press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

damogari

Level 8 Valued Member
I am thinking about putting my pressing on some park bench program / maintenance during the next couple of months where I would focus on other lifts (squat/deadlift). Most of you know the "daily dose press" plan created by @Steve Freides based on Daily Dose Deadlift template.

Do you think that the same template can be used for double kb press?
What rep/set scheme would be appropriate to recover from the plan if you want also do other strength training? Is it still 2x5?

Last edited:
I don't think you need special programming to maintain.
Just press almost daily in a "reduced GTG" way.
For example take your 5-6RM double press and press it for 2-3 reps after waking up, some other time during the day (e.g. during your warm-up for your squats/DLs) and lastly before going to bed.
This won't tax your body in any way, but will still show it that it needs to keep that level of strength.

simple solution

one size down from your 5rm (or use 8-10rm bells if you dunno the former)

reps between 1-4 don't go past 15 total reps do this 3x a week

I am thinking about putting my pressing on some park bench program / maintenance during the next couple of months where I would focus on other lifts (squat/deadlift). Most of you know the "daily dose press" plan created by @Steve Freides based on Daily Dose Deadlift template.

Do you think that the same template can be used for double kb press?
What rep/set scheme would be appropriate to recover from the plan if you want also do other strength training? Is it still 2x5?
Lots of good ideas in this thread.

Double presses do put more of a load on the back - that's the thing to keep in mind. I might program a double kb front squat with them instead of a swing, e.g. It really boils down to what "other strength training" means in this context. You're sort of asking, "does this fit in the complete picture" without telling us what the other parts of the picture are.

-S-

I don't think you need special programming to maintain.
Just press almost daily in a "reduced GTG" way.

simple solution

one size down from your 5rm (or use 8-10rm bells if you dunno the former)

reps between 1-4 don't go past 15 total reps do this 3x a week

Thank you @Kettlebelephant and @Mark Limbaga, both these options sounds great.

You're sort of asking, "does this fit in the complete picture" without telling us what the other parts of the picture are.
That's a good point. I plan to go to the gym 2 times a week and focus on squat and deadlift on these days. In addition 2 times a week I will do A+A Snatch sessions and 2 other times a week I will do LSD. One day of recovery. As you see I want to focus on conditioning and working on squat and deadlift on dedicated days. Was thinking about doing a few sets of double press (with some pullups maybe) on evenings to keep my pressing strength at the same level.

Sounds fine to me, then. I'd be sure to keep an eye out for lower back fatigue if you places squats and/or DL's near the double presses.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom