all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Daily stretch routine

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

FinlayB

Level 5 Valued Member
HI there

I have decided it is time to fix my hip flexibility.

I have a basic level of movement in them and my aim is to get to full side splits.

I have space in my schedule right now to do some stretching everyday.

What would you suggest as a reasonable routine.

I was thinking of the cossak stretche's and variations to warm up and then wall stretch... sitting with feet against a wall and slowly move my body close to the wall as my legs are able to open wider.

Maybe holding the wall stretch for about 20 min

I realise that this is a little basic. But what do you think?

The Cossack and variations are good; how much they help you with your splits depends on the details of how you perform them.

I have written the first of what I hope to be series of blogs for Flexible Steel, each one of which will focus on a different aspect of training splits. Jon tells me the first one will appear in about two weeks - I will post on this forum when it does, and I encourage you to read the series as each installment appears.

I highly recommend Jon's book, "Flexible Steel" - it contains routines you could use to help yourself. I also highly recommend you attend the Flexible Steel 1-day workshop.

-S-

HI there

I have a basic level of movement in them and my aim is to get to full side splits.

I was thinking of the cossak stretche's and variations to warm up and then wall stretch... sitting with feet against a wall and slowly move my body close to the wall as my legs are able to open wider.

Perhaps holding a Cossack and using the elbow to really drive the bent knee out.

I personally hang out in the wall stretch while reading.

Instagram post by Augusto Juarez • Apr 11, 2017 at 12:51pm UTC

HI there

Welcome...
Super Joints/Flexible Steel
Relax into Stretch

I recently have been doing Flexible Steel three days a week or so, and I find it a very good program. It doesn't hurt that Mr. Engum has excellent bonafides as a TKD grandmaster, and those guys KNOW flexibility.

I can also recommend Original Steength. The resets will def improve your mobility in all body parts and will make you fell good.
Check out the book and their youtube channel!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom