all posts post new thread

Daniel B’s Strength Log: Start Date 1/19/23

DBabbitt

Level 1 Valued Member
About me:
  • 46 yrs old
  • Began lifting regularly at 40
  • Three extended breaks of different lengths after a freak injury, then birth of my son and finally, the COVID related shutdown of gyms by our Governor.
  • Past programming: Starting Strength LP, Andy Baker’s Garage Gym Warrior and Baker’s GGW II
  • Current 1RMs: Low bar back squat 225 lbs, Conventional DL 370 lbs, Overhead Press 155 lbs, Incline Bench 185 lbs
  • Took a week off to relax and unwind.
  • Current programming plan: TBD

Last edited:
Day 1
Press Warmup: Empty bar 3x5, 95x1, 105x1
Press 110x5
Deadlift Warmup: 135x5, 195x1, 250x1,
DL 280 for 5 singles
Squat Warmup: Empty bar x5, 115x1, 135x1
Squat 155x5
Bench Warmup: Empty bar x5, 95x5, 115x1, 135x1
Bench 135x5
Tactical Pullups x5
70 minutes all said and done

Last edited:
Day 2
Press Warmup: Empty bar x5, 95x1, 105x1
Press 120x5 (may have been excessive for today)
Deadlift Warmup: 135x3, 195x1, 250x1,
DL 280 for 5 singles; all of the above done beltless
Squat Warmup: Empty bar x5, 115x1, 150x1 w/belt
Squat 165x5 w/belt
Bench Warmup: Empty bar x5, 95x3, 135x1
Bench 145x5
Tactical Pullups x7 (I used Pavel’s cue to “look straight ahead” and damn! if that didn’t feel more natural.)
70 minutes

Aside from programming the other implemented change is an increase in protein intake.
From 120-150 grams per day to a definitive 160.
From 30g per MEAL to 40g per meal.

Aside from programming the other implemented change is an increase in protein intake.
From 120-150 grams per day to a definitive 160.
From 30g per MEAL to 40g per meal.
How are you going about increasing your protein? It's something I really struggle with so I'm always on the lookout for ideas as I'm not big on shakes.

How are you going about increasing your protein? It's something I really struggle with so I'm always on the lookout for ideas as I'm not big on shakes.
One of my four “meals” includes a single scoop (sugar free) of whey, 30 gram of protein, dispersed in water.

I reach 40g protein in all four meals by way of one of the following:
  • comparatively larger portions of meat, fowl or fish and/or adding one of the following:
  • greek yogurt or cottage cheese
  • Unsalted cashews or peanuts
  • Lentils or beans
Previously the latter part of this list would have included pasta too but I’ve cut back for the time being.

One of my four “meals” includes a single scoop (sugar free) of whey, 30 gram of protein, dispersed in water.

I reach 40g protein in all four meals by way of one of the following:
  • comparatively larger portions of meat, fowl or fish and/or adding one of the following:
  • greek yogurt or cottage cheese
  • Unsalted cashews or peanuts
  • Lentils or beans
Previously the latter part of this list would have included pasta too but I’ve cut back for the time being.
Thanks, I've found breakfast and dinner to be quite easy to up the protein, but struggle a bit with lunch unless I'm having leftovers.

big setback with both my wife first and then I getting sick. I’d like to be back in the gym come Monday.

Back
Top Bottom