all posts post new thread

Dans training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DanielGreen

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi everyone.

Recently got a 12kg and 16kg kettlebell for Christmas so I have finally decided to take the plunge and begin my simple and sinister journey.

No serious training up until now - haphazardly program hopping. I'm hoping that keeping a log on here will keep me accountable.

Today's session:
Morning - Os resets

Main session:
- 3 rounds of 5 wall squats
5 pumps
5 halos

- 5 x 10 swings @ 16kg. Swings took about 10 mins.

- 5 x 1 get up @ 12kg. Took about 15 mins.

Planning to do the 90/90 stretch and Ql straddle before bedtime.

Day 2:

Warm up:
- Os resets
- 5 mins baby crawling

Main session:
- 5 x 10 swings @ 12kg. Preceded every set with 10 rocks and 10 head nods.

- 5 x 1 shoe drill get ups to high sit position. Get ups feel a bit uncoordinated so I decided to use the shoe drill from the book and just part of the movement so I could work on executing it well. The initial roll to elbow and and to high sit feels the most awkward so I opted to work on this stage.

Throughout the rest of the day I'll accumulate another 5 mins of crawling (aiming for 10 mins a day) and some more resets.

Great job! The TGU killed me at first but once I broke it down into portions it became better. Keep up the great work!

Cheers brother, appreciate the support.

My back felt tight in the evening yesterday. I was wondering if this was normal ? No pain or anything, just a tightness as if the muscle had been used. It makes sense since I am doing a hinge movement for the first time in a while but I just wanted to be sure.

It's probably a combo of your upper back getting the work from the swings and stabilizing during the TGU.

Forgot to mention- it's my lower back.
It feels fine this morning - no pain or tightness or aching. It just felt tight yesterday. Might have tightened up slightly from the swings.

Great session today!

Warm up:
- Os resets
- 2.5 mins crawling

Main session:
- 5 x 10 swings @ 16kg. 30s crawling after each set.

- 5 x 1 get up with shoe on fist.

- 2.5 mins crawling to cool down.

Swings felt great today - each set better than the last. I think the crawling in between really helped me to feel the plank position in the swing. Combine that with the increased glute activation focus in the warm up lead to my best feeling swings yet.

Get ups felt pretty good. Keeping with the shoe for now until they feel smooth. They're getting better though. My two main issues are keeping the back straight in the talk sit position - lack of flexibility causes me to round my lower back slightly. Also remembering to keep the shoulder packed throughout the movement. I'm just gonna keep working on the shoe drill and my flexibility until these issues are resolved.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom