all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Database Interest?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

offwidth

Level 10 Valued Member
I was wondering if any members would be interested in contributing to a user database/matrix. I think it might be informative to look at our community as a whole and see what the make up is. This might include, but not be limited to things such as:

Gender, age, years training, what type of training they mainly do (S&S, NW, PTTP, etc.), current weight, weight goal (if applicable) conditioning/cardio work, job type (physical/desk), country/location, sports participation, martial arts, flexibility training(RIS, SJ/FS, Yoga, etc), main goals, etc. Names could be kept hidden on any posted versions, or not depending upon consensus.

If there is enough interest, and with Steve's permission, I would volunteer to help put this together and manage it.

Hello,

@offwidth
Yes I am ok with contributing to a user database.

How do you want to collect the data ? A Excel sheet on google ? Standard posts on a dedicated thread ? PM you the data ?

Very good idea IMO !

Kind regards,

Pet'

I would have a hard time describing what I "mainly" do - it varies. Sometimes I focus on bodyweight, other times a mix of kettlebell and barbell, sometimes only kettlebells.

-S-

@pet'
I would have to figure that out. PM, perhaps.
I will wait and see how much interest this generates over the next couple of weeks, before I do anything.

I think it would be pretty interesting for some of the regulars here to contribute to that. Having a "bio" posted in the members only training section, maybe with a link to that user's training log (if they have one) as well as some of the info you described? I like the idea of looking at others who are my age/gender and seeing their training plans and this would make it a lot easier to do that. To be totally honest, minus a couple people on here I generally have no idea how old/long been training/etc anybody is.

I would have a hard time describing what I "mainly" do - it varies. Sometimes I focus on bodyweight, other times a mix of kettlebell and barbell, sometimes only kettlebells.

-S-

Yes, me too. All I can say for sure is ...push, pull, squat, hip hinge, core/carries, plus some movement on foot, sometimes loaded. I like the idea of the database though.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom