all posts post new thread

Barbell DDD and S&S questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

1. DDD is said to be done five days on a seven day cycle. So is it four days of 75% and one day at the higher percentage? Ie mon,tue,wed,thur at 75 and sun (since the higher percentage is always on day 7) the higher percentage?
2. Since it's called the daily dose deadlift, could you do it everyday as long as you only have your one heavy day?
3. I've been reading about Amen Ra and his training philosophy. He says to do some cardio/exercise in the morning to get the juices flowing and get the fat burning machine going and to do your weightlifting before your evening meal. I was thinking if you're doing emom swings in s&s that s&s and ddd would fit this bill.

The article explains the schedule.

Daily Dose Deadlift Plan | StrongFirst

There are 5 lifting days out of 7, but the heavy day is every 7th lifting day, not every 7th calendar day. I don't think deadlifting every day would agree with most people - it could be worked up to for some. I was in my 60's when I tried it, and I changed it to lift only 4 out of every 7 days because I felt 5 was too much for me.

It also states that the purpose of this minimalist program is to allow other aspects of training to be focused on. It's not designed to be one's only training program or even the main focus of a training program. One could do that for a while, of course, but progress in a deadlift-focused program will want more volume.

What works for an AM/PM schedule will depend on the person. In my personal experience - no science claimed - "cardio" makes me weaker for lifting later in the same day, but explosive lifting for light-to-moderate volumes makes me stronger for lifting later in the same day.

-S-

So it runs like mon,Tues,wed,thru, fri at 75%, sat,sun off, mon 75% and Tues would be the heavy day?

Yes, and then things fall on different days of the week each time around.

-S-

Would it be ok to run S&S in the morning and DDD in the evening? How many days of S&S? Aim for up five to six and play it by ear or reduce it to three? As Steve mentioned explosive lifts in the morning sets him up for weights later, so S&S on DDD days only?

I've noticed an almost tonic like effect of this program. I feel good physically and mentally. And it almost feels like it gave my hormones a kick in the but. I did s&s in the morning as I felt so not to push too much. I'll try ramping s&s up and see how it goes

Rolling along nicely and BAM. The idiots at work changed my schedule. An extra two hours. Putting me home much later. It sucks when work gets in the way of deadlifts

Apart from your interrupted training schedule, how does it go? Do S+S and DDD still work together nicely?

Not too bad. Any back stiffness is remedied by heated car seats lol

Two questions.
I was informed the sfg barbell warmup is 70, 80, and 90% at 5,3,1 reps. Since ddd recommends 2 to 4 single reps as a warmup, can you use the percentages but do just the single reps?
I was just thinking, ddd is five days a week and pttp is up to five days a week. What are the benefits, differences, or what have you with one over the other?

I just think I should do a little warm up. I drive for over an hour before doing my dead after working all day. I like to think of it as a pre test as to what my back is up to or feeling like.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom