all posts post new thread

Bodyweight DDP Yoga review

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sauli

Level 9 Valued Member
I've been test driving DDP Yoga during this spring and summer. I have mainly trained with kettlebells and some bodyweight stuff. And I have done that to pretty decent levels so I believe I have some knowledge to spot things that work or are useful for us mortals. I have pressed 44kg and done 300 one clean and jerks with Single 22kg in 30min kb sport competion.

Anyways... I have never been flexible and doing flexibility work has never been my thing, in recent few years I have noticed that I'm not getting younger and to be healthy I have noticed that mobility, flexibility and things like warm ups are useful.... :)

I have heard during last few years ton of good stuff about ddp yoga so I decided to give it a try. I have done around 30+ workouts and I have to say that it is legit system. It's not yoga per se. It's build around yoga poses, calisthenics, streching, isometrics and dynamic resistance(lifting air with tension to get resistance). It's good system.
You get flexibility, good swet, easy cardio or even pretty hard cardio actually and even nice pumps during these sessions.

I believe that it can be stand alone system. It's progressive, I guess that for lifters those basic easy workouts like energy are also most useful, but there are also those heavy sessions which can really build up your strength, flexibility and conditoning. It's easy to mix with your usual stuff. Do it once or twice a week as a active recovery. Take a walk afterwards.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that it is pretty legit system to do to get some health benefits. It is marketed as a miracle pill which it ain't, but If you put the work in, it works almost as marketed.

Are there other ddpy believers?

Sauli

Ps. I'm not getting any money from Diamond Dallas Page, but feel free to send some. ?

Hi Sauli, I used a early version of it for a couple of years ago on the advice of a friend. It's funny as I was just thinking I need to start making it a daily practice again as my body never felt better! Im guessing that it was 5 or 6 years ago when I did it so I will need to get his new material.

Hi Sauli, I used a early version of it for a couple of years ago on the advice of a friend. It's funny as I was just thinking I need to start making it a daily practice again as my body never felt better! Im guessing that it was 5 or 6 years ago when I did it so I will need to get his new material.
Get that app. It's good and everything is built in.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom