all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dead swings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I've been basically running EMOM for the past two weeks of swings. Single arm and 2 handed. Alternating between Single arm 32kg and 2 handed 40 kg.
Trying to work on swing technique. HR normally sits at 135 after the 10 swings are completed and then it's shake out, fast loose etc and try to use nasal breathing.
This week I've been using the last 5 sets as dead swings with the 40kg. Dropped the reps to 5 swings...HR sits at 145 and they are tough.
A great movement for developing power...

I've been using dead-stop swings for the last two month, alternating sets of dead-stop and continues. I find them very useful to pattern the timing of the movement and learn patience in the back swing. I started using dead-stop snatches to pattern the snatch.

Since there is very little energy recycling, only from the hike, they do call for more power generation. They actually also teach proper energy dissipation since one need to park the bell every swing.

That's true Shahaf..I was surprised at the amount of energy required, 5 reps was more than enough. It's a movement I have never really used.
"They actually also teach proper energy dissipation since one need to park the bell every swing"
Very good point...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom