all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift competition+ simple and sinister

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Michele90

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello guys,

I have a question, my best sumo deadlift (during the training) is 3.5bw x 2 reps.
This is my current training:
Monday: -sumo deadlift ramping, singles to find a rpe9
- regular deadlift deficit 2 sets of 5 rpe 8
- one leg one arm push up , 5 sets of 2/3 reps each side
- one leg one deadlift (barbell) 3 sets of 10
Friday: -sumo deadlift till the knees beltless 6 sets of three reps
- snatch grip deficit deadlift 2x5
- one leg one arm push up 5 sets of 2/3 reps
- one leg deadlift 3 sets of 10

2 Times a week I do sprints (hiit, to be in shape and for conditioning)
I' ve ordered a 48kg and a 32kg kettlebell (I have already done heavy swings in the past and light turkish get up).

My goal is to compete in a the deadlift competition in 2 months from now ( and reach a 4bw or something like that) and reaching "simple and after sinister". I want to replace the hiit with simple and sinister.
The question is: how many times a week can I do It? 2/3 or 4? Is It better to keep a day off before the barbell training for a better recover?

You will quickly develop the capacity to do S&S 4-7 times a week.

Long term it will have minimal impact on your recovery.

IIRC, Pavel stated that 2 times per week can be enough when you are following a "serious strength plan", as you are.

Thanks Steve,

I don't know Q&D, I've just finished to read deadlift Dynamite, It talks about single leg deadlift (I'm already doing them) swings etc. I m looking for something to do to make me fit, increase grip and core strength (my weak links) during my days off, for this reason I was thinking about S&S.

4×BW would be nuts. If you're already hitting 3.5 that's amazing. I'd err on the side of less training volume to make sure you've got plenty in the tank for competition day. If you can fit in rest days and still make progress then absolutely do.

Really excited to hear about how you do in the competition!

If you're deadlifting 3.5 x bodyweight for a double, you'll be winning that deadlift competition you want to enter.

As to your non-DL training, offhand I'd say Q&D makes a better fit for you than S&S.

-S-
Steve, I think that's a given. It sounds like she's competing with herself for a record 4 BW deadlift. Holy Cow. I had to read her post a couple times and do the math in my head for myself, HOLY COW!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom