all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift dynamite program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Id19

First Post
Hi, I have been lifting on and off for about a year, and recently came off a long forced layoff. I would like to learn the powerlifts (DL,SQ,BP) well before I start practicing them again and to this end I've been reading Deadlift Dynamite. I've read and re-read all the progressions relatively well and now am a little confused about how to start learning the movements as prescribed. Do i learn the deadlift first? Or do them all together? Maybe I missed something, but if anybody could offer some advice on what training plan/routine I can adopt to learn them first that would be great. If I should just train the deadlift daily till I master it, then move to the bench and lastly to the squat, would that be a mistake, or non-ideal in some way? I would really like to have qualified advice on the quickest and most effective way to learn these movements as it is more important to me that I train properly and safely than lift heavy right from the start.

I don't think it's wrong to tackle them all at the same time or one or two at a time.

I would recommend you train so that each lift that you train, you can train at least three times a week. High frequency is good for skill practice.

High frequency means you can't go that hard or for too long in a session. Get a good taste, and lift another day.

Start light enough and progress slow enough.

I don't think it's wrong to tackle them all at the same time or one or two at a time.

I would recommend you train so that each lift that you train, you can train at least three times a week. High frequency is good for skill practice.

High frequency means you can't go that hard or for too long in a session. Get a good taste, and lift another day.

Start light enough and progress slow enough.

OP 5×5 is better suited to you.

Well according to Andy Bolton....

"Pick three barbell lifts you want to get stronger on. For the purposes of this example we’ll use the back squat, bench press and deadlift but it could just as easily be the front squat, military press and sumo deadlift.
Practise those lifts three times a week, on non-consecutive days. Monday, Wednesday Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. You get the idea."

That is from his Black Book of Strength. In any case, I agree with Antti.

When I picked up the power lifts after a shoulder operation, I used the Easy Strength template from the book of the same name by Pavel Tsatsouline and Dan John.
I was very conservative and spent several months relearning the moves.

I would really like to have qualified advice on the quickest and most effective way to learn these movements as it is more important to me that I train properly and safely than lift heavy right from the start.
If you want the quickest and most effective way: Hire a coach.

Agree with @John K that hiring a coach is the fastest / best way to go.

I would strongly recommend this video course too. This combined with some form checks via video will certainly help progress.

This week, a new version of the deadlift dynamite came out.

Did anybody already read it?

Seems like it belongs to SF now. I wonder is there any different?

Seems like it belongs to SF now. I wonder is there any different?
The new book is 100pages less than the old one..

@Steve Freides would you know or would you be able to ask someone whether this is just a new print of the old book or if it's new, how different is it from the old one?

@Steve Freides would you know or would you be able to ask someone whether this is just a new print of the old book or if it's new, how different is it from the old one?

The book has a great new edit by Laree Draper, new photos, and an awesome design by Rachel Darvas. The content is fundamentally the same; the authors were happy with it and did not see the need to revise.

-S-

The book has a great new edit by Laree Draper, new photos, and an awesome design by Rachel Darvas. The content is fundamentally the same; the authors were happy with it and did not see the need to revise.

-S-
I have just compared the published excerpt with the same paragraphs in the old version, and I must say that Laree Draper did some great editing. The instructions are more clear and a bit more streamlined, without changing the content or character of the instructions.

My copy came in last weekend, and I already have some ideas for my next cycle. Great book!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom