all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift form check please

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I just watched your video from 2 months ago. Honestly, I like that one better. In the most recent one, I think you’re giving up your back to keep your knees back at the start and I don’t think it’s a great trade off.

-S-

Yes, I agree, pretty good except for the back.

Since the Alan Thrall video was linked in the second post in this thread, I'll reference it -- From that video you're not doing "Step 4". Go to 4:08 in that first video, the 5-step deadlift. Practice Step 4 with lighter weight and see if you can hold the back in that position... then work back up as long as you can.

Here is something I use to learn the DL (with a kb for the moment), and maybe can help you also:
1. Put the weight on something higher and work separately on hips and hams mobility and flexibility (over time the ROM, form and technique improves)
2. Elevate your toes and the balls of your feet on equal height objects. I use 2 books, but since you have access to a barbell, some plates are excellent. This prevents the knees from slipping forward and teaches you to hinge through the hips and not to lift with your lower back or your knees.

Also, Ben Pollack, a star in powerlifting, has several youtube videos in which he explains the set-up and not only: , .

Hope this helps.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom