all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift form critique? (video link)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jud Crandall

Level 1 Valued Member
Any tips on my deadlift form? Here is a link below to my triple today. Grateful for any pointers you guys might have, especially @Steve Freides , whose posts I have been following for a long time. Thanks, JB.
Youtube:
270 by 3

Thanks for saying nice things about me, @Jud Crandall.

When I try to look at your video, I get

Video unavailable
This video is private.

-S-

Thanks for your replies, gents. I just fixed the issue, hopefully.

I've been reading Deadlift Dynamite all this month. So I'm excited to hear back from the person listed first on the acknowledgements page. I apologize in advance for my rig.

@Jud Crandall, looks ok. You need to completely lockout at the top. Knees locked straight, glutes firing, and pause motionless there for a moment before lowering. That lockout wouldn’t pass at the SFL or a powerlifting meet

I thought the reps got better as you went. You are certainly capable of heavier.

Please see if you can fix the lockout and then post another video.

-S-

I concur. You look strong enough to lift much more than that but you need to be standing straight and tall at the lockout of each rep. You're doing a great job of keeping your back flat.

If you think about getting as tall as you can at the top of each rep (without standing on tiptoes!) your lockout should be more 'locked out'.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom