all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift Socks - Please Recommend

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I’ve been using soccer socks but am looking for something thicker.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

Have not tried, but I like the style, and bourbon.

Speaking of antifragile:

Last edited:
Have not tried, but I like the style, and bourbon.

Speaking of antifragile:

Looks like there is an IPF approved logo list, and this isn't on it, so I can't use in competition.

-S-

Looks like there is an IPF approved logo list, and this isn't on it, so I can't use in competition.

-S-
Wow, those folks are wound pretty tight. Get hold of the Strideline sock people, have them put together a few pairs with the cool StrongFirst shield logo on them.

The IPF/USAPL is strict about those things and, depending on your perspective, it's either money-grabbing or fund-raising to ensure the health of the sport. You have pay, and apparently quite a bit, to be on the approved list and, of course, you have to have your gear approved. (The point is that there is a lot of gear out there that would meet the spec but the manufacturers don't want to pay the IPF/USAPL fee.)

So, yeah, they're wound pretty tight. They're a little less strict at the local level, but at state/national/international level, it's got to have an approved logo on it or wearing it gets you disqualified before you touch a weight.

-S-

The IPF/USAPL is strict about those things and, depending on your perspective, it's either money-grabbing or fund-raising to ensure the health of the sport. You have pay, and apparently quite a bit, to be on the approved list and, of course, you have to have your gear approved. (The point is that there is a lot of gear out there that would meet the spec but the manufacturers don't want to pay the IPF/USAPL fee.)

So, yeah, they're wound pretty tight. They're a little less strict at the local level, but at state/national/international level, it's got to have an approved logo on it or wearing it gets you disqualified before you touch a weight.

-S-
Looks to me that SBD has IPF compliant socks, but SBD isn't on the approved logo list Athletes use the gear and cover up the logo ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom