all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Deadlift strength

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Michele90

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello guys,
I m new here. I'm Michele from Italy .
I have a question for you. For many reasons lately i got bored about barbell training and gym training in general. I m quite strong , nothing special,but i deadlift 550(250kg)and squat 450(205kg) at 150(68kg) bw . I don't mind if i lose strength in the squat but can i keep my strength in the deadlift?
I was thinking about greese the groove but mixing a few things. For example monday heavy swings and l sit work, next day heavy atlas stones and handstands, next day bouldering next day sprinting and repete. Never training to failure and listening ti my body. What of these things could help me the most to mantain or even improve my deadlift? Any suggestione?

Wow! A 3 times body weight squat and an almost 4 times bodyweight deadlift. That is impressive! At you level, it would be difficult to improve those lifts, without actually doing those lifts. What type of training have you done in the past? Maybe you can tweak it and add a little variety to it.

Wow! A 3 times body weight squat and an almost 4 times bodyweight deadlift. That is impressive! At you level, it would be difficult to improve those lifts, without actually doing those lifts. What type of training have you done in the past? Maybe you can tweak it and add a little variety to it.
In the past mainly Bulgarian method every day one rep max in the squat and back off, smolov 4 squat a week . But when i got stronger i had to reduce the volume or the intensity in the squat to Avoid to get injured. With the deadlift nothing special , and i deadlift a few times a month, i think i m naturally build for the deadlift but not for the squat.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom