all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Dealing with Illness

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

yorkshirecomrade

Level 5 Valued Member
so illness hit me on Tuesday as noon turned... by 5pm i was suffering from extraction of the insides via the mouth in the work toilets...
Wiped me out for the night, felt awful, groggy on Wednesday but managed to get back to work and today I'm near 100% again.
Annoyingly I was hitting the first big week of my training phase, 7th week of the multiple get Ups program from jay weedall.

StrongFirst Blog: How to Get Better at Everything by Training Multiple Get-Ups

Anyone who knows it knows this is when the weight starts to ramp up and the accumulation begins. I started this on Monday... I will be abandoning now and going back to week 6 on Monday coming..

Any thoughts? Seems sensible to write this week off, start back a week a week back...

Hello,

@yorkshirecomrade
First off, I hope you are 100% again now.

Secondly, if I were you, I would still take some days off (let's say a week) to be sure to perfectly recover. Health first !

During this rest week, I'd simply do some stretching and mobility (without too much effort), and also some easy walk. Then, I'd get back to the program. However, I'd do the last week again (so I would not keep going from where I was). That way, you can re-built you strength, dial your technique again and get a smooth new start.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Pet

I've just stuffed my face with my dinner so hopefully will feel fine tonight and tomorrow...

My intention would be to revert to week 6 on Monday, I should've been on week 8. So I feel I'm reverting enough I think.

Might throw a variety day in on Saturday... so I have rest day on Sunday... generally feel close to 100% now.

Thanks for health wishes though Just annoying it was the week it was ramping up

Having just got through week 7 day 3 - it's definitely not something to attempt if you're feeling unwell. I don't think it will do any harm to repeat a few days, I felt like I learnt a lot in weeks 5 and 6.

I'm enjoying the programme - was a bit unsure in the first phase but once I got into the multiples I really feel it.

Hope you're recovered.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom