all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Dealing with sticking point in chin up?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kimon

First Post
Hi everyone, looking for some advice as how to deal with a particular sticking point in the chin up? I have put in quite some time and effort in my weighted chin up training over the last year or so. Basically just looking to get as strong as possible in that lift. My current max is bodyweight (82.6 kg) + 44 extra kilos. However I kind of feel like I have quite a bit extra to give.

Problem is that I am much stronger in the bottom half of the lift. When I pulled the 44 kg extra it felt like I flew out of the bottom but as soon as I hit 90 degrees elbows it turns into a massive grind, My brother, that spotted me, said it looked like someone threw on an additional 10 kg as soon as I got my arms to 90 degrees flexion. I mostly notice this at 88% and heavier, for lower weights the velocity from bottom is good enough to get me through the upper part without any trouble.

My initial thought is that I perhaps need to spend more time training in the range that is problematic for me? But what would be the best way to do that and how should I program it with regards to my regular volume of chin ups? I am fairly good at handling volume. My latest cycle were 4 weeks with 400 total NL at 81% average intensity (looking to reduce that slightly though) and no injuries or particular fatigue. With that said I´m a bit cautious as how to progress?

Hi everyone, looking for some advice as how to deal with a particular sticking point in the chin up? I have put in quite some time and effort in my weighted chin up training over the last year or so. Basically just looking to get as strong as possible in that lift. My current max is bodyweight (82.6 kg) + 44 extra kilos. However I kind of feel like I have quite a bit extra to give.

Problem is that I am much stronger in the bottom half of the lift. When I pulled the 44 kg extra it felt like I flew out of the bottom but as soon as I hit 90 degrees elbows it turns into a massive grind, My brother, that spotted me, said it looked like someone threw on an additional 10 kg as soon as I got my arms to 90 degrees flexion. https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/ I mostly notice this at 88% and heavier, for lower weights the velocity from bottom is good enough to get me through the upper part without any trouble.

My initial thought is that I perhaps need to spend more time training in the range that is problematic for me? But what would be the best way to do that and how should I program it with regards to my regular volume of chin ups? I am fairly good at handling volume. My latest cycle were 4 weeks with 400 total NL at 81% average intensity (looking to reduce that slightly though) and no injuries or particular fatigue. With that said I´m a bit cautious as how to progress?
thankyou my issue has been solved

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom