all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Decrease 1.5 mile time

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If there is one piece of advice I could give runners it is to keep the "easy" runs easy, so the "hard" runs can be hard. The most common mistake is to run the easy runs too hard and the hard runs too easy. Everything converges on the mushy middle, which is less productive.

I've been working so hard to remove the go hard all the time from our pt's that we only go hard on sprints. So yes we will keep the easy easy and make sure we go hard when we are suppose to.

Thank you for the input.

Reporting back on my firefighters progress. He followed @mprevost pdf posted earlier. He has passed the mile and a half time on a treadmill. We've had pretty ice conditions at our remote station. His easy nose breathin pace has dropped to 8:50. He will be flying to Asheville NC today and testing on monday, and given his results spend the spring on the Ashville interagency hotshot crew.

Ironically I will not be his battalion chief when he gets back as I am going back to run a hotshot crew in oregon. Thank you to @offwidth and @Tim Randolph for recommended "uphill athlete". It has been very helpful for my running program. I have never quantified my running training other than MAF. I have always just run the same route over and over. Never waving distance or elevation.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom