all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Deep Six within Group Class

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Devan Weis

SFG LI, SFB, ACE GFI, PN L1
Certified Instructor
Hello Strong Friends!
Question for those of you coaching group classes of medium size [4-10 students]. Have you ever used the Deep Six as part of a program you've run? I'm working on a new program for our 12 weeks through summer. Most of our students are intermediate and this would be a great goal for them to progress through. What are everyone's thoughts on incorporating the Deep Six as a training session once each week to measure progress throughout the 12 week session? Also, rotate the day this occurs on- giving people who come to different days of the week for class the chance to complete it at least once every couple of weeks? Thoughts also appreciated on supplemental training sessions to compliment this test- we run classes 5 days each week. Most students come 2-4x/week. I'd be open to any other thoughts on incorporating training sessions around this, as well!

@Steve Freides , Thank you for your reply! I have read both of these articles. The Deep Six article was where I got the idea to form a program around this specific training session- as a goal for our students to aim towards 5 rounds uninterrupted with solid form & increased weight as they gain strength. My other question would be- how often would you 'test' the Deep Six (in classes as a benchmark to see how their accessory training sessions are helping them gain ground towards the Deep Six goal)? How long would you run a program that focuses on this as the benchmark if you were running a group class with 4-10 people who attend sessions 2-4x/week?

@Steve Friedes, I am revisiting the creation of a program with the goal of the Deep 6 in mind. Having read and factored in the two articles you've recommended, do you have any other thoughts on programming for the goal of the Deep 6 for individuals training 2-4x/week within a group class setting? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

@Devan Weis, I don’t teach group classes so I don’t really have anything else to contribute. If you’re an SFG, I suggest you ask in our instructors’ section here on the forum, and/or on our StrongFirst Instructors group on Facebook. If you’re not a StrongFirst Certified instructor, you will still, I hope, get some good ideas from other members of our forum who teach. And we have the group StrongFirst Training/Practice on Facebook that’s open to everyone.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom