all posts post new thread

Old Forum Deep strength Q

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mindfirst

Level 1 Valued Member
I was wondering if anybody else had an opinion on this.

If you have 2 people with convertible weight, height... but 1 of those people have some sort of discrepancy (We'll pick CP that has affected right leg.) and they both go out and pull 300lbs as an almost 1RM, isn't the person with CP actually stronger? Yes, they both pull the same am out of weight, but the CP body is less efficient; whereby, requiring more strength to be just as effective.

If you get on a bike, and pick a piece of road, and you ht a top speed of 30 MPH, wouldn't it require more strength to hit 30 MPH on the same piece of road if you let air out of 1 of the tires?

it's tough when you start measuring these things. If squatter A  squats 500 lbs but is "built" to squat and only moves the bar 12 inches to break parallel is he stronger or weaker than squatter B who is built to deadlift( short spine long femurs) and has to move the bar 21 inches and squats less?

invariably the guys that have the world records and move the most absolute weights are built for the job.

What Master Rif writes is always worth reading twice. And I have been thinking a bit about this and how hard it would be to measure strenght relativley. Both pull 300 I would say it makes them equally strong in the DL. But I would be much more impressed by the lifter who has CP.

Like I am more impressed by Steve Freides who both powerlifts good and swings heavy with a history of back problems then a "normal" person doing it.  (Sorry if I just called you unnormal Steve :p )

Or by Pavels dad who at an age of 75 pulls 2x bw dls. This is so much more impressive to me as a person then a 20something doing it.

Absolutely!!

TO BE STRONG  FIRST is a universal truth! It alplies to all and anything.but the means and measures are not.

SFG standards produce top 2 - 3 precenters. As Mr. John would put it that is thin air up there. Not all of us can sit at that table, but here again, some of us just want to be pain free and viewed as being normal.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom