all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed delta 20, different types of variables

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mar2safety

Level 6 Valued Member
I've been intrigued by using the Delta 20 principle, for waving volume from session to session. I've done this A+A snatches, GTG pushups and pullups. I built a spreadsheet to track sessions over a 5 week block, using formulas to let me know if the plan doesn't wave 20% from day to day, and week to week.

Is anyone using Delta 20 in other ways?

I'm curious to try out waving the load: lets use snatches as an example.
week 1 - 20 repeats for each day
Monday - 24k, 5 reps EMOM (24 x 5 = 120kg moved per repeat)
Wednesday - 20k, 6 reps EMOM (20 x 6 = 120kg moved per repeat)
Friday - 16k, 8 reps EMOM (16 x 8 = 128kg moved per repeat)
** load changed 20% per rep, but overall work around the same, duration the same
** week 2 - 24 repeats (20% increase in repeats from week 1 to week 2)

Or waving the rest between sessions
week 1 - 20 repeats for each day
Monday - 24k, 5 reps EMOM
Wednesday - 20k, 5 reps E40sec
Friday - 16k, 5 reps E30sec
** overall duration of the session waves 20% with the decrease in rest
** week 2 - 24 repeats

Have anyone played about with different variables? How were your results?

Density training worked very well for me in pistol endurance one time, close to doubling reps in 8 weeks when I had not tried an endurance cycle before. I just recently read Q+D and it said that density was one of the variables that could be waved.

I think there are a couple of reasons for volume as the main variable.

First, it is often said that volume is the main driver of progress. So makes sense to give it priority.

Second, if we, according to StrongFirst/Soviet ideas believe a sufficient intensity range starts at 70% or so, how many jumps can we make? 70% to 84% to over 101%?

Of course, kettlebell ballistics may play by slightly different rules.

is the place to learn all about the Delta 20 principle. We apply it to intensity as well as volume and decouple them - some of our blog articles discuss this. Great if someone wants to add a few links here, please.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom