all posts post new thread

Old Forum destroying the body?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
And what best is I finally found my thing and won't be changing programs all the time again. I really fell in love with barbell training and this is what I want to do.

I'm sure you can take it to Bulldog at least, you're a dedicated man with a strong mind. show that Bulldog who's boss!

And to give an answer to the topic question:

I always feel tired after deadlifting. I always take a nap after training my deadlift. Not consciously, but I'm always tired after doing these. but after sleeping, I always think i have done something right, or I wouldn't be so tired.

HerrMannelig - Lots of great points.  Yeah, I'd say that KB's in the US have been traditionally steeped in heavy marketing copy writing.  John DuCane is not doubt a great marketer.  And undoubtedly one of a few people very responsible for the KB's success in the US.

I'm still in love with them.  You make a good point that they are enjoyable for some.  People like me.  You also make a great point that people who cannot handle their own body weight, unfortunately like many in the population, need some other tools.

Over the years, I've found huge amounts of carry over (can you say WTH effect?) into many other physical activities.  Yeah, probably not the best tools for absolute strength.

Great counter points...thanks for the bringing forth a different and well thought out point of view for me to consider.

@ HerManneling, your long posts remind me a " kettlebells instructors " who was staying  most of his time on Internet, at reading and re- writing articles. His problem was, he didn't understand what he was reading, and his articles didn't make any logical sense. By he trusted and still trust to be a " good author ".

My opinion, is, you are mixing too many ideas or opinions, that it is impossible to answer briefly to everything. I don't have enougt time to answer to everything you wrote, a shame.

Christine: don't make it personal. I do not give enough personal information for that to be something you can do. Who is this misguided kettlebell author so I know who to take with a grain of salt? I do not comment on what your posts remind me of, even though I have trouble understanding what you are trying to express at times. However, I admire anyone who works to use a language in which one is not fluent, so I would probably never stoop that low. I assume you are well spoken in your native language.

Kettlebell sport derived training is a fine way to strengthen and condition the body with simple methods.

My long posts (sorry for that...I am naturally verbose and typing is very easy and fast for me) were directed at exaggerated and misleading claims only. 

For a good source, I recommend this post: http://www.strongfirst.com/blog/the-role-of-the-kettlebell-at-strongfirst/

There is only one thing with which I disagree, and it is this line:
Regardless of your goals, your entry point into strength ought to be the kettlebell.  Not only because of the additional conditioning, flexibility, and health benefits, but because the kettlebell, when professionally used, teaches priceless movement lessons that prepare one for safe and effective barbell and bodyweight strength training.
I would say that this is perfectly fine as a personal opinion (it is not like it won't work well), but it is an entry point which requires some professional instruction, and there is something to be sold. Good for business, and a perfectly valid way to get into training, but I think that the best way to get into strength training is calisthenics. However, in America at least, given that many people cannot squat down or do a pushup, perhaps as a singular system of training, that statement is accurate, especially since the entry point, the Program Minimum, excludes kettlebell lifts which require any kettlebell skill. However, teaching basic movement and mobility patterns can be done with nearly any tool, so in the end, I have to state I agree with the principles, although there are many tools which can be used with those principles.
My opinion, is, you are mixing too many ideas or opinions, that it is impossible to answer briefly to everything.
Actually, that is not just an opinion, but a fact. It is because I am addressing the myriad of contradicting and misleading claims about kettlebells. It is impossible to address them briefly :)

@<a title="View HerrMannelig's profile" href="http://www.strongfirst.com/forums/users/herrmannelig/">HerrMannelig</a> - you took a totally reasonable question and turned it into gibberish. Naturally verbose? No. Your long posts are the online equivalent of yelling louder to "win" an argument.

Why are you posting at all? Ask yourself... am i helping someone? learning something? or just mucking things up? Stick to the first two. Maybe even stick to discussion on calisthenics, as it sounds like you might know what you're talking about in that context.

Russell, I do not intend to post more on the subject, however, looking back on this thread, it came to these posts after posting directly in response to the thread's question. I responded to the first post, and to those who responded to me.
Why are you posting at all? Ask yourself… am i helping someone? learning something? or just mucking things up? Stick to the first two. Maybe even stick to discussion on calisthenics, as it sounds like you might know what you’re talking about in that context.
I posted what I did for the same reasons you posted this. It is easy and tempting to post advice and one's thoughts on the Internet even though there is likely no real expectation that others will be of one mind with oneself. Such is life.

With some irony, I admit that other posts on this thread are far more valuable than mine in my own estimation. So yes, I vented and I probably shouldn't have. I certainly did not intend to post like that when joining this forum (my thoughts on the matter are not new to me), but there was a late night boredom and I am resting my shoulders and am refraining from any strength training.

So I am finished with that. Overcoming human tendencies is the hardest thing.

So, if anybody finds me posting on this thread again, kick me. If anybody wants more information on anything I wrote, contact me privately or better yet, do your own research and critical thinking and come to your own conclusions :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom