all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Did you trade substance abuse/addiction for fitness?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
In June this year I was instructed by the health department to isolate for 14 days as I'd been a close contact. During that time I began drinking, alot, by the time 14 days was up I was drinking almost a case of beer a day, plus some Columbian powder (delivered to door). This drinking habit continued until my next 14 day isolation in Late July, that is when I read SS and bought some kettlebells.
Since then my drinking is still more than it was before June, however having kettlebells in my living room have tempered my drinking alot (6 beers 3x a week, no powder)
I've never understood addiction until now, but the kettlebells during this time we find ourselves living in has helped immensely.

I started training for anxiety relief and it became a habit. I found out my Dad had cancer and I needed to do something to relieve that stress and anxiety so I started working out again after a few years of laziness. It’s been almost 4 years and I never plan on stopping. I’ve never been a big drinker, but when I would drink I’d go all out. The last time I was drunk I was so hung over I felt it for 2 days. Since then I haven’t had a taste for alcohol

Nope. No trading needed. They both, certain cryptic and enigmatic substance beginning with "a" and ending with "l" which i
like to abuse and strength training, go hand in hand against every kind of plot and intrigues in their sunny and happy future.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom