all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Die Roll / Plan Strong (Inspired) Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Arryn Grogan

Level 6 Valued Member
Sinister
@Tjerr inspired me to add a program too. I've actually had two people test a very similar one with great results. The more people testing and the more feedback I get, the better I get at programming this way :)

This one is a 6-week program that tests in week 7. In the six weeks, you'll vary from 3-5 days per week. Some days you'll be done in less than 30 minutes, but other days may be around 90 minutes... I wrote it in Google Sheets so that all you have to do is type in your own weights and it will auto-populate into the weeks/days for you. Hopefully I did it right...

And please keep me updated on your progress if you decide to do it. And also, if you have questions, get in touch with me.

Thanks in advance!

DRV 621 SF Forums

Hang on. If I edit numbers in that one will it change the master?

If one doesn't have 5 bells in 2-4kg increments, could the Light-Very Light-Very Very Light weights be consolidated (resulting in only three bells)?

What starting RM should the Heavy weight be? I see the rep range is 1-3, but if you can only get 1 is that too heavy?

Any changes if using double bells (e.g. double Front Squat)?

I had great success with a similar Plan Strong-based program recently, so this looks familiar.

If one doesn't have 5 bells in 2-4kg increments, could the Light-Very Light-Very Very Light weights be consolidated (resulting in only three bells)?

What starting RM should the Heavy weight be? I see the rep range is 1-3, but if you can only get 1 is that too heavy?

Any changes if using double bells (e.g. double Front Squat)?

I had great success with a similar Plan Strong-based program recently, so this looks familiar.

You could consolidate all three. The VVL and VL are mostly just for warm-up and skill practice. If replacing VVL and VL with your L, instead of 5 reps / 2 sets, do 3 reps / 2 sets. Make sense?

It should not be a 1RM. Ideally it's a 3RM.

No changes if using doubles. :)

Hey @Arryn Grogan : Just out of curiosity:
Is this plan more suited to high rep grinds such as C&P, Squats, whereas your program in the SF article is more suited to, say, TGU, Bent Press, Weighted Pullups and Deadlifts?

Because in the latter the total NL is limited to 10-20 reps, whereas in the the former the NL goes up to 45 reps (for medium days).

Hey @Arryn Grogan : Just out of curiosity:
Is this plan more suited to high rep grinds such as C&P, Squats, whereas your program in the SF article is more suited to, say, TGU, Bent Press, Weighted Pullups and Deadlifts?

Because in the latter the total NL is limited to 10-20 reps, whereas in the the former the NL goes up to 45 reps (for medium days).
Both plans can be used for any grind lift. The one I wrote in the article outlines a way to increase the frequency to nearly every day each week (if you wanted). There's much more flexibility as there's not really an end goal. However, this plan (DRV621) doesn't let the user choose the days they lift. Same principles, but a rigid plan. Make sense?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom