all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Diet for a 15 year old

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CrexerSW

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey!!!
I'm a 15 year old boy. I've been in to calisthenics for a year now and i really enjoy it. I think Iv'e built a pretty good physique right now, but I want to take it to the next level. I've seen a lot of posts about how crucial diet is in bodybuilding. So i want to experiment with it. Since I'm not independent, I can't really buy the foods and make my own meals. So i would be interested if any of You could give me advice on what i shouldn't eat to achieve my goals. I have a pretty muscular upper back, and I want to achieve the triangle shape. The biggest problem is my abdominal muscle. I want to make it more ripped and narrow it down, so I'll get the triangle shape. I really want to make my shoulders pop up as well.
Thank's for help already! :)

Hi @CrexerSW ! Welcome to the Strongfirst forum....

I'm not a nutricianist, and what works for me might not work for you. But I cut carbonated drinks, sodas and foods with added sugars. I try to eat as much natural protein as I can and the other macros seem to fall in line.

Carl in Dover

Thanks for the good words, i'm trying not to make it too hard on myself. Any advice on how much is should workout in a week ? And could You, by any chance, give me an advice on some pull up workouts ? Here, in Latvia we have the thing called strength days. So we go there to do pull-ups and there are rewards according to how many pull-ups you do. So this year i'm determined to get 20 pull-ups (the best award is for 20 pull-ups). I can do about 14-17 clean pull-ups right now. I have read on forums that you should do pull-up workouts 3 times a week. The strength day is on 22nd September, so I really want to get to 20 clean pull-ups.

Hi @CrexerSW, welcome to the forum!

About diet, it seems that you are doing quite well already. Maybe you can do very small adjustments, like avoiding sodas, candies and artificial foods, and you will do better. Since you are happy with your current results, I wouldnt make drastic changes if I were you. Just small adjustments.

About training advice: You are doing calisthenics, so you should post in the bodyweight training forum: Bodyweight

In order to receive proper advice, forum members need a rough idea of your current shape, goals, training program, etc. Please take a look at these guidelines, include the info in your post at the bodyweight forum and youll receive a lot of good advice. Before You Ask For Training Advice ...

Good luck and welcome!

Thanks for the good words, i'm trying not to make it too hard on myself. Any advice on how much is should workout in a week ? And could You, by any chance, give me an advice on some pull up workouts ? Here, in Latvia we have the thing called strength days. So we go there to do pull-ups and there are rewards according to how many pull-ups you do. So this year i'm determined to get 20 pull-ups (the best award is for 20 pull-ups). I can do about 14-17 clean pull-ups right now. I have read on forums that you should do pull-up workouts 3 times a week. The strength day is on 22nd September, so I really want to get to 20 clean pull-ups.

Refer to the "Naked Warrior" section in Beyond Bodybuilding for great pull up ideas.

My two favorite pull up workouts:

Total repetition method, basically setting a number of reps to complete in a workout (say, 50) and take as many sets as I need to complete the 50 pull ups. Indeed this is pretty "mindless" training. Just getting the reps done

or

Add weight until you reach your 5-6 rep max. Repeat ladders of (1, 2, 3,) with one minute rests between sets until fatigue. An excellent way to train pull ups from Pavel

Alternatively, use a pull up variation that you can only do for 5-6 reps, if you can't add weight

Thank you for the advice!!
So in the second method You covered I need to add as much weight as I need to get to 5-6 reps and then I should do the ladder with the weight? Hope I understood it correctly.

Hey, I just want to ask one more thing about fruits. Am I allowed to eat all of the fruits or are there any that are not allowed if i'm trying to diet. And what fruits are the best to eat ?

CrexerSW
congrats on your progress and work - I have to mention that as a minor (under 18 in the US) your parents, guardians, etc... should be consulted about any changes to your diet etc...

Since we do not have your full history (medical, health etc...) you should work with your parents and/or guardians to make sure any changes you make are right for you.

Brett

Refer to the "Naked Warrior" section in Beyond Bodybuilding for great pull up ideas.

My two favorite pull up workouts:

Total repetition method, basically setting a number of reps to complete in a workout (say, 50) and take as many sets as I need to complete the 50 pull ups. Indeed this is pretty "mindless" training. Just getting the reps done

or

Add weight until you reach your 5-6 rep max. Repeat ladders of (1, 2, 3,) with one minute rests between sets until fatigue. An excellent way to train pull ups from Pavel

Alternatively, use a pull up variation that you can only do for 5-6 reps, if you can't add weight
Hey, so today I used the second method You told me. I managed to do 5 sets of ladder with 5 kg on my back (from 1 to 5 pull-ups) . Feeling exhausted, feeling strong. Thank You, it really worked !!! :)

Thank you for the advice!!
So in the second method You covered I need to add as much weight as I need to get to 5-6 reps and then I should do the ladder with the weight? Hope I understood it correctly.

Add weight until you reach a weight that allows you to only do 5-6 reps.

repeat ladders of (1,2,3) until fatigue.

for this method you do not go past 3 on any ladder, just do more ladders

learn to chew well, and eat on time ( not to close to sleeping time). enjoy real food-chew it! take moderation to soda, process food,... you get the idea. it may not put any muscle on your frame right now, but hey, atleast it's no harm!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom