all posts post new thread

Nutrition diet hacks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If you have the time and access to quality ingredients, I'd recommend giving the "Bullet Resistant" routine a whirl in the mornings and see how you feel. I can definitely relate to the sentiment of keeping ourselves so busy we don't think about food, and the calories in this concoction will go a long way in helping (I'll start sipping around 8 in the morning, and usually have to remind myself to put something in the tank around 2 in the afternoon). At the risk of sounding like a shill, I've found that it makes coffee work "as advertised" for the first time in my life, and I definitely feel the difference when circumstance forces me to go back to regular.

That's certainly a factor, and I've experienced the adverse reactions to too much/too soon with the stuff myself. As such, I've always been very conscientious when allowing my curious acquaintances expressing interest to have their first cup, and for the first couple days or so when they invariably want to join "Pete's coffee club," I monitor how they're handling it.

In the case of my favorite librarian, she admitted to me that she was draggin' that morning and could tell it was going to be a long day, so I offered her a hit off my thermos. The results were adorable:
I like BP coffee but find life circumstances too chaotic to do it regularly, I seem to get along quite well with 2 cups and a bit of half-n-half. Maybe it's a forced adaptation thing.
I eat coconut oil regularly and smear it on myself, the stuff's amazing and healthy.

When doing a stressful/physical job recently I was operating in mental and physical overdrive to meet a hard deadline. While doing it all bets were off on food intake, I had to eat much more and still lost 5 lbs. BP coffee in those circumstances would not be nearly enough, but normally I fast till noon or so..

My diet hacks are a work in progress but here goes:

1) Spoonful of peanut butter is my go to late-afternoon-snack. Medical grade appetite suppressor.

2) I've also had big problems tackling binge eating. But for the last month and a half I've had this under control and I credit this to Buteyko breathing practice. @Steve Freides I have no idea if this a routine occurrence but it feels transformative for me at the moment and it started working within days. It's working so well I may even sign up for a proper course.

2) I've also had big problems tackling binge eating. But for the last month and a half I've had this under control and I credit this to Buteyko breathing practice. @Steve Freides I have no idea if this a routine occurrence but it feels transformative for me at the moment and it started working within days. It's working so well I may even sign up for a proper course.
I'd say it happens a lot - I lost 5 lbs. as soon as my practice got under way.

You're welcomed to PM me to chat about the "proper course" if I can be of assistance.

-S-

I allow myself to have “bad stuff” (candy, cookies, etc.) only after I have a bowl of oatmeal.

So far, the oatmeal has killed my cravings, so that I no longer wanted the bad stuff. ;)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom