all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Difference between StrongFirst Online Kettlebell Courses

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Naturethrusport

First Post
Hello StrongFirst Community! I'm seeking an online kettlebell technique course to follow at home while taking breaks from caring for my newborn daughter.

My in-person Strong First technique training has been very positive both 1:1 with a StrongFirst Instructor and attending a "StrongFirst Foundations Workshop" at Oakland's Most Powerful led by Analisa Naldi. I'm already experienced in setting sets, reps and general strength training methodology. I'm most interested on in-depth kettlebell technique particularly the get-up and press.

Any recommendations or thoughts on a course that goes in depth on technique ? I'm open to anything, but specifically considering either of the two courses below:

Thank you.

-Chris

Kettlebells StrongFirst has a really good section on the get-up. They spend a lot of time breaking it down and demonstrating. But there’s almost nothing on the press. Lots on the long push press and push press (single and double), but not the strict press.

I can’t speak to the Kettlebell Fundamentals course. Never watched it.

Having learned in OMP and the course being lead by Analisa I am sure you have a good foundation..

Are you looking more into a plan you can follow along? I'm assuming you're just looking to polish your technique on the interim and then pick up the pace once you get more consistent sleep?

An alternative I would recommend. Film your sets and then work with an instructor virtually who can review your sets and give you the necessary feedback what you can do better

Hello StrongFirst Community! I'm seeking an online kettlebell technique course to follow at home while taking breaks from caring for my newborn daughter.

My in-person Strong First technique training has been very positive both 1:1 with a StrongFirst Instructor and attending a "StrongFirst Foundations Workshop" at Oakland's Most Powerful led by Analisa Naldi. I'm already experienced in setting sets, reps and general strength training methodology. I'm most interested on in-depth kettlebell technique particularly the get-up and press.

Any recommendations or thoughts on a course that goes in depth on technique ? I'm open to anything, but specifically considering either of the two courses below:

Thank you.

-Chris

Another option might be Iron Cardio.
Includes Clean, Press, Squat and Snatch. There is a current coupon for 43% off (SCHOOL2022)

This one and Kettlebells StrongFirst would then cover most ground. Personally, I have used KBSF and Victorious! by Fabio Zonin, which was really helpful kickstarting my pressing journey.

Kettlebells StrongFirst has a very detailed Get-up section and Victorious covers the press in great detail.

Thank you @Bauer for the mention of Iron Cardio.

@Naturethrusport has the feedback in this thread been helpful?

@Brett Jones, @Bauer, @Pavel.Kosenkov, @Mark Limbaga, @mightstone2k

Thank you for the recommendations and guidance. I ended up purchasing both Kettlebells StrongFirst and Iron Cardio. Looking forward to the technique and training. Will report back once I've completed the protocols in a few months.

Respectfully,

-Chris

Great. Good luck with it. There are plenty of protocols to choose from.

One word of guidance: Keep it simple and trust the process :)
KBSF Swings and Getups might be the best foundational plan.
Iron Cardio might be the most flexible plan when having a newborn.
KBSF LCCJ plans are the most minimalist overall.

All are good choices.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom