all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Dip station

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Provx

Level 5 Valued Member
Wondering what people use for dips, more specifically to do them the way Pavel recommends in q&d. I understand he has a specific technique. I also understand some people don’t have the shoulder mobility for dips but given i am willing to take that risk I would at least like to have an appropriate dip station

I have a pair of freestanding parallettes. Mine are made by Gravity Fitness but there are similar (if not identical) models available from all over the place.

They work just fine, they don't take up a lot of space and you can set them apart at whatever distance works for you. I'm fairly narrow so it's nice to have them quite close together.

I haven't done dips for a while - they're not a part of my programme at the moment - but they never gave me any shoulder issues at all. I'd get sore elbows after high-rep sets so I prefer to do them weighted for lower reps.

Wondering what people use for dips, more specifically to do them the way Pavel recommends in q&d. I understand he has a specific technique. I also understand some people don’t have the shoulder mobility for dips but given i am willing to take that risk I would at least like to have an appropriate dip station
This is pretty lack-luster but I’ve always done dips on sturdy walkers that old people drop off at goodwill. They’re usually under 5 bucks and if you get the ones without wheels and that have crossbars half way down you can get away with doing them weighted.
Plus they fold up very nicely :)

This is pretty lack-luster but I’ve always done dips on sturdy walkers that old people drop off at goodwill. They’re usually under 5 bucks and if you get the ones without wheels and that have crossbars half way down you can get away with doing them weighted.
Plus they fold up very nicely :)
Genius.

I should have added i assume pavel uses parallel bars but a single bar is also possible, anyone have a guess?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom