all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Distal Bicep Tendonitis Help

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

alhrona

First Post
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering If anyone has had the same experience/problem as me regarding pain and recovery in their Distal Bicep Tendonitis?

A couple months ago, I started to experience discomfort/weakness in my lower bicep area when doing specifically pull ups. The discomfort wasn't serious and it didn't really affect my strength , but it just didn't go away. I decided to stop doing pull ups (which was a huge part of my workout) and work on chin ups which produced no discomfort at all , same with bicep curls.

After over 2 months of not doing any pull ups, or pull up type exercises, I tried to do some pull ups and after finishing some reps the same problem came again, and later that day it started causing pain which lasted a few days and now i just feel weakness in that part.

Has anyone anyone got an advise/recommendations on how to fix this problem?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering If anyone has had the same experience/problem as me regarding pain and recovery in their Distal Bicep Tendonitis?

A couple months ago, I started to experience discomfort/weakness in my lower bicep area when doing specifically pull ups. The discomfort wasn't serious and it didn't really affect my strength , but it just didn't go away. I decided to stop doing pull ups (which was a huge part of my workout) and work on chin ups which produced no discomfort at all , same with bicep curls.

After over 2 months of not doing any pull ups, or pull up type exercises, I tried to do some pull ups and after finishing some reps the same problem came again, and later that day it started causing pain which lasted a few days and now i just feel weakness in that part.

Has anyone anyone got an advise/recommendations on how to fix this problem?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.
I recommend reading some of the articles in this thread.
Find a professional to get it looked at.

+1 to a professional

The fact that pullups aggravate it and chin ups do not means there's likely something you need an experienced, hands-on approach to examine it.

If it’s bothering you during pullups but not chin-ups it is unlikely to be the bicep; bicep is more involved in the chin-up whereas the brachialis and 2-joint forearm muscles are the primary elbow muscles in the pull-up.

PM me if you want and we can chat through your situation more; I can try to give you some advice or direction, but keep in mind it is internet advice since I won’t actually be seeing you as a patient.

Thanks,
Sam Goldner, DPT

I have a similar problem. I am 50 years old & 220 lbs. so I have myself concluded that its just too much strain on my elbow joint to do pullups or pushups. I have no problem with Rows. If you really want to do the pull ups, you can try lots and lots of curls to warm up the area first.

Don’t do what hurts. Biceps are small muscles it’s best not to overwork them. Listen to me my arms are 22” (if you add them both together) and they look like massive buggy whips. Hope you heal.

I didn't read the whole thread but if it hurts during pull ups but not chin ups then It's most likely radiobrachialis or brachioradialis (same muscle, americans use other and europians other way if putting the words) it attaches from forearm (radial bone) and the other end is about lower half of the humerus (basically under your bicep) , thus is what I deal with now. Basically it shortens in the elbow flexion only as a bicep also lifts the whole arm up with other muscles. If hammercurls hurt but bicep curls not so much,kettlebell cleans are painfull, but swings are not (usually straightish arm in the swings vs. Bend and tension on the clean rack position). There are some good tips when you look stuff "elbow pain" even in this forum, for me flossing with voodoo floss plus smashibg with roller ir bar and a percussion gun has been the best for this.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom