all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Distance programming interfaces

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Amy Ward

Level 5 Valued Member
Due to my semi-nomadic lifestyle, I will soon be shifting my focus from assisting personal training clients on-site to a more distance training approach. I have done online programming and training in the past, and know how much of a time suck it can be. Even when I think I have things streamlined, a new client or goal comes into play and I end up in front of my computer for hours creating spreadsheets and links to videos on form.

I have used (and like) the FMS 360 program. Correctives library is great, and the price can't be beat ($99/y, 500 clients). Can anyone weigh in on ease of use for the pro as well as client for any other websites or interfaces? TrainerFu, Trainerize, TrainHeroic, Training Peaks, etc, come to mind. I train mostly endurance athletes who understand the importance of a balanced program, so if there is something out there that allows me to detail swim, bike, run, row, etc + mob + strength, that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Amy!

While I found FMS 360 awesome, eventually I settled on my own Google Sheet templates.

I don't have experience with other software, but I've gotten rave reviews on the layout and "readability" of my programs.

With the right buy-in, communication, and standard operating procedures established up front, nearly any delivery platform will work!

Hey Amy!

While I found FMS 360 awesome, eventually I settled on my own Google Sheet templates.

I don't have experience with other software, but I've gotten rave reviews on the layout and "readability" of my programs.

With the right buy-in, communication, and standard operating procedures established up front, nearly any delivery platform will work!
------
Thanks for the input, Zack!

I don't have any answers for you, but as a programmer who works on this kind of stuff I'm interested in what your main issues are. Keeping track of client workouts? Laying out programs for clients?

I don't have any answers for you, but as a programmer who works on this kind of stuff I'm interested in what your main issues are. Keeping track of client workouts? Laying out programs for clients?

Sorry I missed your post....

To respond to your question(s), I would say my biggest concern is having a large exercise library with adequate video/photo and written descriptors. FMS pro360 is great, but the models don't always execute movements as they should. That being said, I don't want to have to throw in outside links with better cues. Everything should be consolidated. That includes easy add-ons for running/swimming/biking/rowing sessions. I often have to write up these types of training sessions in a separate spreadsheet.

For the client, I'd like to have an app or a link with downloadable PDF that is easy to read for novice clients.

A lot of people like trainerize and trainerfu, but I have yet to give the free trials a shot.

Let me know when you create a kick-butt program that meets these needs :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom