all posts post new thread

Kettlebell DIY fitness equipment

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Cart weighs around 1500 lbs. I will pull 100m then push it back 100m, 1000m total for time. Best time 12: something. Sometimes I will put 24's and 32's on top, pull 100m, grab a bell or two, do a complex, bells back on cart, push back. Same deal, 1000m.

Cart-00-00-33-661 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Cart-00-00-33-661 (2).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 30
Cart weighs around 1500 lbs. I will pull 100m then push it back 100m, 1000m total for time. Best time 12: something. Sometimes I will put 24's and 32's on top, pull 100m, grab a bell or two, do a complex, bells back on cart, push back. Same deal, 1000m.

Wow.

How do you steer it when pushing it back?

And given how heavy it is, does putting bells on top really make a difference to the inertia and friction?

Wow.

How do you steer it when pushing it back?

And given how heavy it is, does putting bells on top really make a difference to the inertia and friction?
That steel bar in front, with the ring that attaches to a tractor, I pick that up and push on that. Took a bit of practice to keep from constantly weaving. Cannot feel bells at all, but was getting bored so I wanted them along for exercises at the transitions.

Looks like ring is out of picture. There is a large fat steel loop at the end of steering bar.

Isn't full arm extension plate goblets less unwieldy?
Not for me, those are banned in my home gym to avoid dents in the floor from tipping over or arms collapsing. Besides there is value in using equipment that looks like it has a gnarly attitude.

I wouldn't say I've been doing farmer's walks with these per se, just lugging them back & forth a fair amount.

1597392341076.png
30l each, empty weight 2.7kg (5.94lbs). This model sold for equestrian use specifically; jerry cans are easier to carry (narrower profile so tend to bang into your legs less) but they generally don't come in much over 20l (5.3 USG).

My favorite isn't really DIY since there is nothing to do. We buy 50 lb bags of salt pellets for our water softener system. I carry them in front of me but off my chest, squeezing the sides together. You really feel it in your belly.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom