all posts post new thread

Kettlebell DIY fitness equipment

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Simply strong

Level 4 Valued Member
Please share your best DIY fitness equipment ideas/wins!

I’ve noticed that re-usable shopping bags have a very sturdy handle. This made me wonder how heavy I could make them. I’m currently collecting plastic milk cartons to refill with water for the purposes training farmers walks. I estimate I can make them 32+kg though I may need to double bag them at that point.

What other DIY projects have people undertaken?

I made farmers carry equipment out of home Depot buckets and bags of concrete. PVC through the bucket and concrete and Paracord for handle.

Please share your best DIY fitness equipment ideas/wins!

I’ve noticed that re-usable shopping bags have a very sturdy handle. This made me wonder how heavy I could make them. I’m currently collecting plastic milk cartons to refill with water for the purposes training farmers walks. I estimate I can make them 32+kg though I may need to double bag them at that point.

What other DIY projects have people undertaken?

I'm not following your 32kg+ estimate.

Water is 1 kilo per liter.

That's 32 liters of water.

I don't see how you can fit 32 liters of water into a single shopping bag, either for size or to have it not break.

I'm not following your 32kg+ estimate.

Water is 1 kilo per liter.

That's 32 liters of water.

I don't see how you can fit 32 liters of water into a single shopping bag, either for size or to have it not break.

Yeah I think I did the math a little wrong. 26kg is more likely.
I can fit 12 x 4 pint bottles into one bag. If 1L of water = 2.2kg ..
2.2 x 12 = around 26kg.

Yeah I think I did the math a little wrong. 26kg is more likely.
I can fit 12 x 4 pint bottles into one bag. If 1L of water = 2.2kg ..
2.2 x 12 = around 26kg.

1 liter of H2O = 1 kilogram

1 pint = 473 ml

48 x 473 ml = 22712.5ml = 22.7liters

22.7 liters = 22.7 kg

Hello,

1 imperial pint in my belly makes me 0,568 heavier...Why wasting...

All kidding aside, when we want to go for DIY solution, the ratio mass / volume becomes the issue.

So far I have not found better solution than sandbags. It is possible to buy sports bags or construction bag (in sort of nylon), then filling them with plenty of small plastic bags full of sand. These small bags are entirely wrapped in duct-tape. That way you get something scalable and fairly low-cost.

Handles (in the case of the sport bag) may be the issue. In all cases, it is possible to use a heavy duty strap instead. Basically, we "wrap" the sport bag with the strap.

Kind regards,

Pet'

How do you do goblet squats with that?
My method:
Squat down first and grip it at the center like a close grip chin-up.
Curl it up to top of sternum, support it in that position on heel of palms and commence to squatting.
Then reverse the above when done.

Not as comfortable as using a kettlebell but gets the job done for me.

My method:
Squat down first and grip it at the center like a close grip chin-up.
Curl it up to top of sternum, support it in that position on heel of palms and commence to squatting.
Then reverse the above when done.

Not as comfortable as using a kettlebell but gets the job done for me.

Isn't full arm extension plate goblets less unwieldy?

front-plate-squat.jpg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom