all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dizziness and overtraining

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anatoly

Level 4 Valued Member
I have been experiencing fatigue and diziness during level changes vertigo and co fusion. I believe i am overtrained. How can i best recover and prevent this?
My own workout includes
Monday- deadlift weighted pull up
Tuesday- simple and sinister
Wensday- 1.5 minutes of loaded carries in each racked position
Thursday- sprints amd tumbling
Friday- 12 rounds on a heavy bag
Saturday- pull ups amd core

I have been experiencing fatigue and diziness during level changes vertigo and co fusion. I believe i am overtrained. How can i best recover and prevent this?
My own workout includes
I’m not an expert but I’ve found a good amount of salt or electrolytes to help with then when it happened to me. I will literally just out salt into water when I run out of my fancy electrolyte mix.

My own workout includes
Ive also had headaches and nausea

My own workout includes

Many things to look at, without knowing a lot of your background history, that can affect your training....sleep habits and amounts, eating habits, extracurriculars like job (and type of activity on the job eg: manual vs sedentary desk job). It's not clear by your post if your symptoms are during or between workouts. Some of which (vertigo, ?confusion)....may need to be thoroughly investigated by an MD and diagnosed by one vs people on a forum though ;)

Now that I am pushing 60, I really have to stay on top of hydration and nutrition. If I get the least bit dehydrated, I start experiencing the same symptoms you describe. It can take two or three full days of hydrating to get back on track, and only one day of not paying attention to mess things up.

My own workout includes
Seeing a doctor might be your best bet...

There’s a lot to unpack with your question too. Eating to meet the needs for your output could be an issue too. I’m just trying to think of things like NON-medical issue related.

My own workout includes
Besides checking with your doctor, here are some suggestions:
Half your volume for two weeks and see how you feel. Any type of stress (physical, emotional) in your life can also contribute to general fatigue. Sometimes your body is also battling with a virus without you realizing it.

My brother uses as Whoop band to track his recovery and he has found that alcohol usually diminishes it quite a bit. Regular sleep times help. Taking a walk and meeting friends help, too. Apparently the first 30 minutes after getting up in the morning contribute a large amount to your overall strain, so maybe check your morning routine and include something in your day to relieve stress (meditation, sauna, a walk in the woods, massage).

Sometimes a knot in the neck and upper back muscles can lead to dizziness and general discomfort (esp. the scalene muscles).

Hello,

My own workout includes
My first "advice" would be to check with a doctor, and get a blood analysis done.

Another good indicator can be to check your HRV to monitor your training and decide when to "push" or when to "back off".

Otherwise, I would simply question:
- my diet (do I have any lack or over consumption of something ?)
- my sleep (do I have a good sleep (in quality and quantity) ?)
- do my performances increase or not ?
-is my mood modified (am I more "negative" or do I feel blue, etc... this can be check with folks we are with (colleagues, family, friends...))
- am I simply more stressed due to my job or something

Usually, overtraining lead to sleep loss, sometimes appetite loss, negative feelings, possible injury

Anyway, stay safe

Kind regards,

Pet'

Besides checking with your doctor, here are some suggestions:
Half your volume for two weeks and see how you feel. Any type of stress (physical, emotional) in your life can also contribute to general fatigue. Sometimes your body is also battling with a virus without you realizing it.

My brother uses as Whoop band to track his recovery and he has found that alcohol usually diminishes it quite a bit. Regular sleep times help. Taking a walk and meeting friends help, too. Apparently the first 30 minutes after getting up in the morning contribute a large amount to your overall strain, so maybe check your morning routine and include something in your day to relieve stress (meditation, sauna, a walk in the woods, massage).

Sometimes a knot in the neck and upper back muscles can lead to dizziness and general discomfort (esp. the scalene muscles).
What would you do about a knot in your neck

What would you do about a knot in your neck
Massage it with fingers or a lacrosse ball. I like the pin and pull technique: You grip a tender spot and then move the muscle (in this case by moving the head or shoulders). Try to breath calmly and relax om the outbreath. Don't overdo it.

Take a week off of any training and see how you feel after that.
Also the other advise of hydration and electrolytes could help.
As already mentioned if you still have these issues after your weeks rest then get checked by a medical professional.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom