all posts post new thread

Barbell DL Slippers for Sumo DL?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I'm experimenting with pulling sumo for a while now, since I don't have a competition coming up. I find my feet slip in my deadlift slippers and am wondering if this isn't a good combination.

Would love to hear from anyone who has tried pulling sumo in DL slippers.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

Steve, I was having the problem of my feet slipping out of the slippers with the Sumo, not sure if that was what you meant?? I found that the five fingers shoes worked better or barefoot. The other issue I had when doing Sumo, was my feet actually slipping on the surface I was pulling from. I'd love to hear from others if they've found a surface that their feet can grip well.

I've been doing sumo at warm up weights but I am usually barefoot in my home gym. I can certainly understand how the foot trys to roll out as you try to "spread the floor".
In meets I wear Sabo deadlift boots and they seem to work well for me.

I tried a slightly narrower stance and that seemed to both be OK and help with the sliding problem.

I can’t wear anything that high, @Carl in Dover. My ankles do all sorts odd things that they need to be free to do. (I’m bow-legged enough that when I stand with my feet together, my ankles don’t touch.)

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom